What would make the iPhone X perfect?

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I love my X - probably my favorite phone ever.

What would make yours perfect?

For me, if I could schedule texts to future dates and time, and it would be perfect. One of the few things I miss from my Samsung days.

What's yours?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
For me, getting rid of the notch would make this phone perfect. I’ve gotten used to the notch but it’s still there, especially in landscape.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
While I love mine, I would love a plus size even more. That and an optional fingerprint reader on the power button as an alternative to Face ID.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I honestly can’t think of anything that would make me happier. I don’t know if I realized I was somewhat unhappy with the size of my pluses until I held the X lol.

Maybe a bigger battery? Even then I end the day at 30% with 4-6hrs usage and 12-16 standby so even that isn’t an issue.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Pretty happy with the X but of course optional Touch ID would be fantastic and the ability to search for previous calendar entries past one year would really make me happy.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
The notch is the only thing I’d change right now. But if it meant giving up Face ID, then no thank you. Face ID is way better for me. My career choice (or me not wearing gloves when I should) has left me with thumbs that have almost no fingerprints. Touch ID only works about 25% of the time for me, and most of the time I have to hold the phone with one hand and use my index finger on the other hand to unlock the phone. Now that I have experienced Face ID, I don’t think I could ever go back to fingerprint authentication.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
If I listed everything it'd sound like I'm not happy with my X which I am, but nothing's perfect. I would be interested to see how much wider the phone would be if Apple stuck to a 16:9 display.

The biggest thing is something I've wanted for years though. More granular control over camera settings. A manual mode would be nice.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Ability to set my own APN settings, including MMS, and not have the carrier supply the settings. Apps that are updated to work with the screen properly (about 65% right now are not working properly). Larger screen, at least 6.2". One can dream...

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Better gestures, get rid of the notch, and bring down the price. I don't think my 256GB X was worth the $1,149, TBH. Oh, and it needs a bigger battery. I think my old 8 Plus had better battery life.

And a complete overhaul of iOS would be nice too. The notifications are just terrible.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Better gestures, get rid of the notch, and bring down the price. I don't think my 256GB X was worth the $1,149, TBH. Oh, and it needs a bigger battery. I think my old 8 Plus had better battery life.

And a complete overhaul of iOS would be nice too. The notifications are just terrible.
Wait until iPhone XX for those hahaha

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hide - auto hide the “home indicator” bar. We don’t need it. It gets in the way. Designing around it is ridiculous.

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
How about some sort of textured back plate (similar to the BlackBerry Priv) so I can hang onto it easier without a case? I love the feel of it “naked” but it’s like holding a wet bar of soap.

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Two things I really miss from my Blackberry days...
1. The Notification LED
2. Long press on a key switches to upper case letter. No shift key needed.

Other than that I have adapted to iOS rather well and have become a fan. On 7plus waiting arrival of X.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Two things I really miss from my Blackberry days...
1. The Notification LED
2. Long press on a key switches to upper case letter. No shift key needed.

Other than that I have adapted to iOS rather well and have become a fan. On 7plus waiting arrival of X.

That's one of the thing Android gets right even on most default keyboards. I get annoyed by having to shift for basic punctuation. I know there are 3rd party keyboards in the App Store, but they don't work all that well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2