Anyone having iPhone X buyer's remorse?

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have Android and IPhone and both have their greatness but with iPhone most apps are better quality...Android is catching up....with iPhone ...it just works...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have Android and IPhone and both have their greatness but with iPhone most apps are better quality...Android is catching up....with iPhone ...it just works...

When it come to apps, I have to agree with you.
Both have their pros and cons... I just prefer Apple :p

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same exact boat as you. Starting to have a little remorse and thinking of going back to the dark side with a pixel 2. I miss android and get so bored with iOS. I thought having iOS on an OLED screen would change things but honestly it's that same stale software experience.

My entire family uses iPhones. To send them videos using Whatsapp and video chat with Google duo or Whatsapp is like pulling teeth! But do we conform to what our family uses just to make things "easier" or get what we enjoy to use?!

Sometimes I wish I'd gone Pixel 2 (non-XL) but to do that I also would have had to have kept my 6s+ and not done a 7+ on the iUP. Maybe in two years (how long I plan to keep the X this time) the landscape will be vastly different and I'll switch back but we'll see. I definitely enjoy the app polish/etc. vs. when I was on Android but I do miss the customization a bit. I used to have a lot of icon packs/etc.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes I wish I'd gone Pixel 2 (non-XL) but to do that I also would have had to have kept my 6s+ and not done a 7+ on the iUP. Maybe in two years (how long I plan to keep the X this time) the landscape will be vastly different and I'll switch back but we'll see. I definitely enjoy the app polish/etc. vs. when I was on Android but I do miss the customization a bit. I used to have a lot of icon packs/etc.

Yeah im looking to switch now, not too impressed with my experience on the X and miss the google experience on pixel

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I wish I’d gotten the bigger storage. But oh well. I love it!

I’m actually the opposite. I hemmed and hawed between the two storage options and the cheapskate in me went with the 64. Glad I did. With me moving everything to the cloud, I won’t need a 256.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I’m actually the opposite. I hemmed and hawed between the two storage options and the cheapskate in me went with the 64. Glad I did. With me moving everything to the cloud, I won’t need a 256.

I probably should have, but we'll find out when it's trade-in time. :) You're right, with iCloud, streaming services, etc., it's not as necessary to do the higher storage.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Only regret really is the size I've chose. I guess I had alot of thing downloaded on my 7 plus compared to this one.i have 217 gb of storage left, could have saved my self some money.

plainlygeek

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
My thoughts are similar to most here. I would not return.

A few small workflow issues:

Face ID does not work with my sunglasses.
Face ID does not work wearing a CPAP mask.

So, I find myself typing my password more than I would like.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess you could say I had buyers remorse. I just missed the display size of the 8plus. I do miss the gestures. However, I don’t miss Face ID just yet. I know it’s the future, and in a year I will probably just have to get used to it or use my 8plus until it dies, but I will wait for the XPlus or whatever apple hopefully gives us next year. Fingers crossed.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts are similar to most here. I would not return.

A few small workflow issues:

Face ID does not work with my sunglasses.
Face ID does not work wearing a CPAP mask.

So, I find myself typing my password more than I would like.

It works with some sunglasses as long as your eyes are somewhat visible. But it won’t work if you have really dark lenses. Mine are gradient gray so it works fine.

If you have one of the smaller cpap masks with the nasal pillows, try re-doing the FACE ID scan. Do the first one normally, and do the 2nd with your mask on.

Then, If it doesn’t unlock while wearing your mask, enter the password to unlock. Repeat this a few times. This should “train” it to recognize you with your mask on.

(Not sure if this will work with the bigger full face cpap masks.)

Hope this helps!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess you could say I had buyers remorse. I just missed the display size of the 8plus. I do miss the gestures. However, I don’t miss Face ID just yet. I know it’s the future, and in a year I will probably just have to get used to it or use my 8plus until it dies, but I will wait for the XPlus or whatever apple hopefully gives us next year. Fingers crossed.

There’s no right decision for everyone so glad you have options. :)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I returned my X, but not because of regret. It was purely a financial decision for me, I couldn't justify paying so much for the phone. I absolutely loved the X though. I may try to buy another, if I can find a great deal, and at worst will buy the updated version next year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2