has any one feels their iphone X get warm during charging and using facetime?

Cholo Tunac

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
my iphone x is getting warm. tried to call the apple but they said i have to restore it so the OS will refresh.. does anyone of you has same issue?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Were you using the phone at all during charging? Was any iCloud process running in the background, i.e. restoring or anything like that while charging? Mine got warm while charging earlier but I was restoring my photos. Not sure if it will get warm in normal use.

sq018

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I don't think it is a big deal. Mine gets a bit warm as well. Probably because I was using the phone plus iCloud backup was running in background.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
my iphone x is getting warm. tried to call the apple but they said i have to restore it so the OS will refresh.. does anyone of you has same issue?

Yes, earlier this morning, but I was also in the process of finishing setting it up in the manner I want. In fact, it got moderately warm to the touch, but i removes it from atop of a blanket on my bed onto something a hard surface and shortly thereafter, the heat dissipated.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My iPhones have always gotten warm when they’re doing a bunch of processes at once to the point that the screen dims. The X has been no different. You’ll feel it a bit more due to the all-glass design.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine was warm while charging with 12W charger and using navigation while driving, I've never had a phone that didn't get warm upon charging while heavy lifting. It's know normal

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It’s pretty normal for your iPhone X—or any smartphone for that matter—to get warm while charging or performing resource-intensive tasks.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've used FaceTime maybe twice since it came out so I can't add anything to the convo there, but I haven't noticed mine get warm since the initial setup when charging. I usually charge at night though when I'm not using my phone.

carloG94

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
Ive has the same problem with my 7 apple said it’s never supposed to get that hot mine would get super hot. Said maybe something I had downloaded makes the phone run 24/7. But now as well on my x the same thing with on FaceTime and charging. And I didn’t restore the backup I started fresh just for that reason and it still does it! Sometimes we stay on ft all night and her phone never gets hot only mine! It’s irritating!