Just looking at the new iPhone SE model being released on 4/24, it looks real interesting. I was going to buy my twin brother a iPhone 11, but I think I might be looking at a SE for the price, I think it will sell like hotcakes.
    04-17-2020 06:44 AM
    I think so too! My sister currently has an iPhone 7 and she's having charging issues. She has been laid off and worried about the expense of a new iPhone. Since she really doesn't really care much about all the various features of the iPhone, I think that the new SE is a really good option for her.
    04-17-2020 07:36 AM
    I preordered one already...I currently have an XS. Looking forward to getting the home button back again, and figured if I don’t like it I’ll just upgrade in a year! It’ll knock down my monthly bill too!
    nikkisharif and joemd60 like this.
    04-17-2020 07:54 AM
    I feel like it’ll sell well, too! It’s a great price point for a great device.
    aximtreo and joemd60 like this.
    04-25-2020 11:01 PM
    I pre-ordered mine. It will arrive tomorrow (Monday). Red, 256GB model.
    04-26-2020 10:22 AM
    I currently have the purple 11 and I’m looking to jump to the SE 2020. I did dig out an iPhone 8 we had and fired it up a few days ago.... today I swapped my sim into it to use as a daily to see how well I do with a smaller phone again.
    Truth be told... I’m just so over carrying a big phone. Like at my age I just want something I can pocket and go without worrying about it falling out lol. If I want a bigger screen I can use my iPad mini.
    Any one else going from a larger phone to the new SE?

Side note: not sure if I’ll go with the white or product red, but 256gb for sure. I need all the storage I can get
    taz323, joemd60, Annie_M and 2 others like this.
    04-27-2020 05:23 PM
    I’m not yet persuaded that the 2020 SE has enough advantages over the 2016 version for it to be worthwhile, for my usage at least. Overall performance is better, but not fantastically so. At the same time, I’d have to try to use a larger device one-handed, and adjust to using a Power button in a different, and rather awkward, position. The 2020 is good, but I can’t think of any obvious reason that the smaller body could not have been used again, with improved internal gubbins.
    sandycrane likes this.
    04-29-2020 10:41 AM
    I’m really liking mine.
    04-30-2020 07:36 AM
    However, I was quite satisfied with the SE-1.
    04-30-2020 07:37 AM
    I currently have the purple 11 and I’m looking to jump to the SE 2020. I did dig out an iPhone 8 we had and fired it up a few days ago.... today I swapped my sim into it to use as a daily to see how well I do with a smaller phone again.
    Truth be told... I’m just so over carrying a big phone. Like at my age I just want something I can pocket and go without worrying about it falling out lol. If I want a bigger screen I can use my iPad mini.
    Any one else going from a larger phone to the new SE?

Side note: not sure if I’ll go with the white or product red, but 256gb for sure. I need all the storage I can get
    I am leaving the iPhone X and going to the SE2. One handed use on the 8 was great for me and add as a bonus dual sim ability. I’m in for 1
    04-30-2020 12:12 PM
    I’m really liking mine.
    How is battery life?
    04-30-2020 12:28 PM
    I am leaving the iPhone X and going to the SE2. One handed use on the 8 was great for me and add as a bonus dual sim ability. I’m in for 1
    Sorry for the long winded reply🥺

I also had the X, gave that to hubby and I wanted an even bigger screen so I got the XS Max. From there I went back down to the 11.

That brings us to today I’m tired of using a huge phone. My arm & hand bother me when I use it after a short period of time(1hour). One of my sons had an 8 that he put away when I gave him my XS Max. I’ve been using it for almost 2 weeks, and just popped my sim into it this week to use as a daily. I love the smaller form and that home button....
    Who would’ve thought I’d miss using a home button

So I’m on board with an SE too(256gb). I haven’t ordered one yet because I don’t know if I should get the white or product red. Real world problems🤣🤣🤣lol
    04-30-2020 01:53 PM
    I’m really enjoying mine. I went from an XS.
    04-30-2020 03:05 PM
    Sorry for the long winded reply🥺

I also had the X, gave that to hubby and I wanted an even bigger screen so I got the XS Max. From there I went back down to the 11.

That brings us to today I’m tired of using a huge phone. My arm & hand bother me when I use it after a short period of time(1hour). One of my sons had an 8 that he put away when I gave him my XS Max. I’ve been using it for almost 2 weeks, and just popped my sim into it this week to use as a daily. I love the smaller form and that home button....

So I’m on board with an SE too(256gb). I haven’t ordered one yet because I don’t know if I should get the white or product red. Real world problems🤣🤣🤣lol
    Color doesn’t matter. It will be in a case.
    04-30-2020 07:42 PM
    Color doesn’t matter. It will be in a case.
    Well, I don’t always use a case. So to me it does matter. The color I choose has to be something I want to look at everyday and not say to myself “I should’ve gotten the other color”
    04-30-2020 08:07 PM
    Well, I don’t always use a case. So to me it does matter. The color I choose has to be something I want to look at everyday and not say to myself “I should’ve gotten the other color”
    Then go with the Red or the white. They sure are slippery to hold without a case. I went with red. But the white looks very nice too.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-01-2020 04:20 AM
    Sorry for the long winded reply

So I’m on board with an SE too(256gb). I haven’t ordered one yet because I don’t know if I should get the white or product red. Real world problemslol
    I’d go with the white one!! I love the red but I know I’d get sick of it quick.

I’m really enjoying mine. I went from an XS.
    I know a few people that went from the XS to SE2 & they love it...Enjoy!!!
    05-04-2020 05:02 PM
    I’d go with the white one!! I love the red but I know I’d get sick of it quick.

I know a few people that went from the XS to SE2 & they love it...Enjoy!!!
    Thanks Nikki! I’m still using the iPhone 8, but I put my sim back to my 11 today. Dear lawd I’m so back and forth with it ALL! I can’t decide

One thing, I did decide is if I order the SE 2020 I will go with the white so it’s neutral to any cover I may get for it Another concern I do have is portrait mode on the SE 2020 is for faces only...I take a lot of portrait modes of my fur babies so I would miss that too.

🤷🏻*♀️so I’m completely on the fence with everything rn
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-04-2020 05:23 PM
    Thanks Nikki! I’m still using the iPhone 8, but I put my sim back to my 11 today. Dear lawd I’m so back and forth with it ALL! I can’t decide

One thing, I did decide is if I order the SE 2020 I will go with the white so it’s neutral to any cover I may get for it Another concern I do have is portrait mode on the SE 2020 is for faces only...I take a lot of portrait modes of my fur babies so I would miss that too.

*♀️so I’m completely on the fence with everything rn
    The camera app Halide allows for portrait mode pictures of objects & animals with the SE, not human faces only.
    'Disclaimer': I have not tested it yet, this is only what I'm reading about in reviews. But I definitely will try it out in the next days or weeks.
    05-05-2020 04:58 AM
    The camera app Halide allows for portrait mode pictures of objects & animals with the SE, not human faces only.
    'Disclaimer': I have not tested it yet, this is only what I'm reading about in reviews. But I definitely will try it out in the next days or weeks.
    Thanks G, I am aware of that camera app. I just haven’t downloaded it to my iPhone 8 to try it out as of yet.

Eventually I will get it to see how it functions on the 8.
    05-05-2020 08:57 AM
    Thanks G, I am aware of that camera app. I just haven’t downloaded it to my iPhone 8 to try it out as of yet.

Eventually I will get it to see how it functions on the 8.
    I would not draw any conclusions from testing on the 8. On the SE there is significantly improved imaging software, and much more processing power. Halide even released a version that was optimized for the SE, just a few days ago.
    05-05-2020 12:02 PM
    I’m all in on the phone for many reasons. The only negative nobody seems to be addressing is battery life. Specs show 1800mAh in line with people moving from a 6, 7, or 8. However, many people want to go back to a smaller device and a home button. That describes me. My 11 Pro and XS get a bit over 3000mAh. Has anyone gone from a X, XS, 11, etc that can speak to battery power? Thanks!!! Loving the idea of the SE model, but nervous I’ll be charging constantly.
    05-05-2020 06:01 PM
    I’m all in on the phone for many reasons. The only negative nobody seems to be addressing is battery life. Specs show 1800mAh in line with people moving from a 6, 7, or 8. However, many people want to go back to a smaller device and a home button. That describes me. My 11 Pro and XS get a bit over 3000mAh. Has anyone gone from a X, XS, 11, etc that can speak to battery power? Thanks!!! Loving the idea of the SE model, but nervous I’ll be charging constantly.
    I would call my use profile medium intensity. ~10 Emails per day, 2 or 3 phone calls, several chats on Telegram, lots of Twitter (read only), watching 1 or 2 short videos, workout & food tracking, etc.
    While (theoretically, see the comment below) I'd have to charge the 11 Pro every other day only, I charge the SE daily. I would say the 11 Pro lasts 1.5 to 2 days, and the SE 1 to 1.5 days, with my particular use profile.
    By 1.5 days I mean starting to use the SE at ~8am, and at midnight it's still at ~15-20% when I put it on the charger over night. So it's pretty good for a device that skinny imho. I do not think that I will ever have to recharge the SE during the day.
    I do not have a problem with charging the SE daily, as I did so with the 11 Pro too, despite it lasting longer, as I wanted to always have a 100% charge in the morning. I am not sure the 11 Pro would have lasted 2 full days without having to recharge during day 2.
    For me, the SE's battery is totally sufficient to get me through (almost more than) a day. Users with a significantly higher workload might have to recharge during the day though.
    05-06-2020 04:24 AM
    I’m not yet persuaded that the 2020 SE has enough advantages over the 2016 version for it to be worthwhile, for my usage at least. Overall performance is better, but not fantastically so. At the same time, I’d have to try to use a larger device one-handed, and adjust to using a Power button in a different, and rather awkward, position. The 2020 is good, but I can’t think of any obvious reason that the smaller body could not have been used again, with improved internal gubbins.
    I think the big reason for updating would be for iOS updates; the old SE is near the end, it may not get iOS 14 (whenever the next major version is released) whereas you should get 5 years of updates for the new SE. Beyond that -- better pictures, portrait mode, wireless charging, IP67 water resistance, better TouchID (2nd Gen vs. 1st Gen), and faster charging.

Of course, only you can decide if any of that is enough to convince you to upgrade.
    TgeekB, belodion and kcox52692 like this.
    05-08-2020 09:05 AM
    ^ Yes, the updates is a good point.
    05-08-2020 12:47 PM
41 12