Will iPhone SE still be around after iPhone 7s/8?

jian158

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so I am coming from an iPhone 5c and very much am thinking of upgrading my phone in the near future, saying which probably in a year or so. Since Apple reduces the price annually when a new generation is out, I was wondering if iPhone SE will still be around when iPhone 7s/8 is out next year? Even if it's around, does anybody think it's worth to have an iPhone SE? Your advices are appreciated.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Apple may or may not make an iPhone SE successor, and having the current iPhone SE on sale from Apple for another year is unknown, but it will surely be supported with software updates for at least 2-3 years more.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so I am coming from an iPhone 5c and very much am thinking of upgrading my phone in the near future, saying which probably in a year or so. Since Apple reduces the price annually when a new generation is out, I was wondering if iPhone SE will still be around when iPhone 7s/8 is out next year? Even if it's around, does anybody think it's worth to have an iPhone SE? Your advices are appreciated.

That's a a tough question to answer. The first 'budget' iPhone was the 5c.. back in 2013. Then after 2 and a half years Apple brought out the iPhone SE as their 'Budget' iPhone this year (2016).. so it looks like they want to continue with this 'budget' version device but only release one every 30 months or so.

So i would say YES the iPhone SE will still be around until the end of next year. I think in 2018 we will se a new 'Budget iPhone' come out.

jian158

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
That's a a tough question to answer. The first 'budget' iPhone was the 5c.. back in 2013. Then after 2 and a half years Apple brought out the iPhone SE as their 'Budget' iPhone this year (2016).. so it looks like they want to continue with this 'budget' version device but only release one every 30 months or so.

So i would say YES the iPhone SE will still be around until the end of next year. I think in 2018 we will se a new 'Budget iPhone' come out.

A good prediction to look forward to, thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2