Loose buttons?

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else's SE have loose volume buttons or vibration switch? Mine have a lot of wiggle. The buttons on my wife's 5s are a lot tighter. Probably gonna take it to Apple sometime this week.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
The only loose button I have is the lock button. It's no enough to bother me though.

If it bothers you, take it back until they make it right.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I had a slightly rattling iPhone 5S three years ago. It probably was the power button (keeping a finger on that stopped the rattling). Not a big deal, I kept the phone one year, sold it, it is still working flawlessly for the new owner.
There are production tolerances in every device.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
There are production tolerances in every device.

Yeah. But then I feel how tight the buttons on my wife's 5s are, and it irritates me a bit. The volume buttons aren't terrible, but the vibrate switch is a little too loose for my liking. It's fine for now. I don't think my local Apple Store has any SE's in stock anyway.

Optimus82

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. But then I feel how tight the buttons on my wife's 5s are, and it irritates me a bit. The volume buttons aren't terrible, but the vibrate switch is a little too loose for my liking. It's fine for now. I don't think my local Apple Store has any SE's in stock anyway.

My SE gets delivered today and I would be pretty down if my buttons are even a little loose. I wouldnt return it but I have never come across an iphone that had loose buttons. They have always been pretty stiff.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My SE gets delivered today and I would be pretty down if my buttons are even a little loose. I wouldnt return it but I have never come across an iphone that had loose buttons. They have always been pretty stiff.

Yeah. I've had several iPhones and never had them be this loose.

I saw on the MacRumors forums that some people have had yellow screens on theirs. I'm scared I'm gonna exchange this one and get a yellow screen. Normally you can chalk this stuff up to it being first batch production pains, but geez... they've been making this design since 2013. You'd think they'd have ironed out the kinks by now.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine rattles but I'm not overly worked up over it. I'll have a case on it, and that will be the end of rattling.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I've had several iPhones and never had them be this loose.

I saw on the MacRumors forums that some people have had yellow screens on theirs. I'm scared I'm gonna exchange this one and get a yellow screen. Normally you can chalk this stuff up to it being first batch production pains, but geez... they've been making this design since 2013. You'd think they'd have ironed out the kinks by now.
On MacRumors you'll find people complaining about everything, believe me :cant-watch: . Don't use that forum as a representation of the real world...
Regarding your buttons, after all it's your call: if you don't like it, wait a few weeks until stocks will be replaced, and then have it checked (at this stage it's quite difficult to receive a refurbished).

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
On MacRumors you'll find people complaining about everything, believe me :cant-watch: . Don't use that forum as a representation of the real world...
Regarding your buttons, after all it's your call: if you don't like it, wait a few weeks until stocks will be replaced, and then have it checked (at this stage it's quite difficult to receive a refurbished).

I googled this (I mean what the OP mentioned and that place too), and I regret reading the forum. :/

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Exchanged it at Best Buy, and the new one has the same issue.
?\_(ツ)_/?

I'll stop in the Apple Store next time I'm im Charleston.

So maybe it's not an issue but production tolerances as I said before...
I don't believe in multiple returns: if the first or the second (max) don't satisfied your expectations, ask for a full refund and move on.

I went through all of this at the time of iPhone 5S, with a rattling sound pointed out by some users on another forum. And being drama queen about that as usual ....
Not a big deal for me.
Out of curiosity I tried something like 30-40 iPhones 5S in 3 different Apple Store and 2 authorized resellers: more than 25 exhibited the same behavior.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Exchanged it at Best Buy, and the new one has the same issue.
?\_(ツ)_/?

I'll stop in the Apple Store next time I'm im Charleston.
Throw a case on it (such as an otterbox symmetry) and the rattle will stop. There's a gasket on the phone, and I wonder if the manufacturing process with that, means that more often then not, we may get a rattle.

I'll admit such a thing appears to be unapple llke, as they tend to ensure the little things are properly designed, but as I mentioned, I'm not worked up over it, and with a case, its not an issue at all.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Do not accept anything that does not appear to be properly assembled. If you do so,
you are by inertia, making it appear that improper workmanship and slack quality control do not matter, inevitably leading to more of the same.
iPhones are premium products, and should not get to the public in anything but perfect fit and functionality. I cannot understand why anyone would part with several hundred of whatever their currency might be and be happy with what are effectively factory seconds.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Do not accept anything that does not appear to be properly assembled. If you do so,
you are by inertia,
I've seen people return, 3, 4 or more phones for a minor issue. I guess you can split hairs on the button rattle, that is make an argument that it is properly assembled. The bottom line, is whether people consider my inertia, the button rattle in my book, is a rather minor issue that does not bother me, so I'm happy to keep my phone. No product is perfect, premium or otherwise, and I think life goes a lot better when you don't sweat the small stuff :)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I've seen people return, 3, 4 or more phones for a minor issue. I guess you can split hairs on the button rattle, that is make an argument that it is properly assembled. The bottom line, is whether people consider my inertia, the button rattle in my book, is a rather minor issue that does not bother me, so I'm happy to keep my phone. No product is perfect, premium or otherwise, and I think life goes a lot better when you don't sweat the small stuff :)

This. I didn't even notice a button rattle until I started shaking my phone to see if it's there. The side buttons are not loose at all for me though. I'm indifferent, it doesn't feel like the button is about to fall off or anything of that nature.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2