Best App for youtube: log in, able to play screen off,

suurii

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am looking for an app for youtube playback. Requirements: ability to log in to my youtube account, ability to play screen turned off, preferably not filled with sound ads.

I used to have musictube but it stopped working just recently.

Is there anything available?

suurii

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
Thanks gents. But I am old school. Will not pay anything for this experience ☺️.

Youtube sneezes 16€/month for the premium. I rather download the sounds I need or rip the CD:s I buy to support the artists I listen.

Still open for free apps.

Gracias

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks gents. But I am old school. Will not pay anything for this experience .

Youtube sneezes 16€/month for the premium. I rather download the sounds I need or rip the CD:s I buy to support the artists I listen.

Still open for free apps.

Gracias

Log in to youtube.com in Safari. Switch it to desktop view. Start a music video. Tap the icon in the upper left to make it full screen. Let it play a few seconds. Return to home screen and pull up the control center. Start the music back on the music controls.
I just tested this on my 6s Plus on iOS 12.1.4. It worked for me. I'm listening now as I type this in TapaTalk.

Or use Tubex.
Tubex Tobidy Music iPlay Video by Ha Nguyen https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tubex-tobidy-music-iplay-video/id1164818253?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Put the video in landscape view. Then return to homescreen. Pull up control center and restart video.
I just tested this as well. It works on my phone.

Last edited: