Jurassic World Alive

MrJustastic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded and started playing today. Anyone else getting into it?

I've noticed that it's very (very very) heavy on ads and paid sponsors. Spin a stop and get a second spin for watching a video ad. Get free in-game money from "the offer wall" filled with 'play two levels of this trash to get free money!' paid deals.. It's a turn-off for me; did the movies not make any money?

But it's dinosaurs and the root of the game, collecting DNA to splice new dinosaurs is kinda cool.. But still grates on my childhood purist love of dinosaurs. And the game is totally lacking in any educational content about the dinosaurs you catch (boo!)

Just complaints so far.. not much in the way of an amazing experience to share yet.. Anyone else? Otherwise this might not last the rest of the weekend for me.. There's a shiny Lugia to catch after all :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not interested in playing it at all, but I'm glad you are. Hopefully, others who share the same affinity for dinosaurs will reply soon...:)

MrJustastic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Dinosaurs are awesome. But I'm a little distracted that a lot of the dinosaurs in this game are entirely fiction. I get that the premise of the game is built around that of the gene splicing in the movies (that created the Indominus for example), but I still feel cheated of proper dinosaur catching fun. There are so many different types of dinosaur and only a fraction are represented in favour of hybrid nonsense..
The game is also very, very light of anything educational which I feel is a massive missed opportunity.

Bu the game is fun none the less.. The catching dynamic is very different to that of Pokémon GO. It's a lot more involved. In this you are piloting a drone with a small d-pad setup and when you lift your finger it fires a dart for the purpose of collecting DNA samples. The dart "misses" or is deflected if you don't hit a small target (the more rare the dinosaur the smaller the target) with bullseye hits collecting the most sample. And the dinosaur moves... Once you collect enough sample, you can 'make' one of the dinosaurs. Keep collecting samples to level up your dinosaur! And once you have a certain level, and another combinable specimen, then you can 'make' a hybrid. I'm still working on getting to a hybrid so I don't have much more on that..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2