Tunein Pro

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Long time user of Tunein Pro. As of late many, most of my local main stations won’t work over cell network, only on WIFI. If I start the station on WIFI and after station is working I can turn off WIFI & the station will stay working on my cell Network. I have very fast cell network getting on average 65-75mb down & 45-55mb up.
Anyone else having these problems? (Boston Area)
Thank You,
Vinny

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading your post, I initiated the TuneIn Radio Pro app that I use and tuned in to a local talk radio show. I started out with my iPhone X connected to Wi-Fi and using a VPN. After a moment, I disabled Wi-Fi from within the Settings and discovered that the local talk radio show continued to play on my iPhone without missing a beat. I then did the same thing with several more local stations and the results were the same.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Long time user of Tunein Pro. As of late many, most of my local main stations won’t work over cell network, only on WIFI. If I start the station on WIFI and after station is working I can turn off WIFI & the station will stay working on my cell Network. I have very fast cell network getting on average 65-75mb down & 45-55mb up.
Anyone else having these problems? (Boston Area)
Thank You,
Vinny

Since your post doesn't say, I'm going to ask. Are you on an unlimited plan, or have you reached your limit? How long ago did this start? It would be odd for it to work on cell after starting on wifi if you were at or over your monthly data limit, but I've seen stranger things happen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tested this on my TuneIn Radio Pro on my iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 10.1.1. When I switched to LTE, it stopped, then had to buffer. Was ok after that.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Since your post doesn't say, I'm going to ask. Are you on an unlimited plan, or have you reached your limit? How long ago did this start? It would be odd for it to work on cell after starting on wifi if you were at or over your monthly data limit, but I've seen stranger things happen.

Unlimited plan with very fast data speeds. 70mb down on LTE. Even faster at night. If I start on WiFi, lock in to a station and while listening to the station on WiFi switch to cellular the station continues without a beat. It just won’t connect to 70% of stations.
Tunein just returned my email, they say there is a known issue with connection to cell network. Just Great, figures I’m one of them. Every other music app works great. Spotify is my music app, no issues. Use Tunein Pro for sports stations, podcasts etc.
thanks for reply,
Vinny

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, I just tested with the regular (non pro and no subscription) version and of the few favorites I have, none of them will connect via LTE but they all work fine on wifi and if I connect on wifi and then switch to LTE it keeps on playing.

Never really used TuneIn before but this is an issue.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If when you switch from wifi to LTE, and it stops, you need to allow it to buffer. If it's stuck not buffering, tap the X in the upper left corner, then tap on the station again to play. That should start the buffering. The only reason I know of why some need to buffer and others not, is maybe the LTE signal strength is different. Whether on WiFi or Cellular, these radio apps need a strong signal to prevent buffering.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just tested with the regular (non pro and no subscription) version and of the few favorites I have, none of them will connect via LTE but they all work fine on wifi and if I connect on wifi and then switch to LTE it keeps on playing.

Never really used TuneIn before but this is an issue.

Thanks for input. Frustrating as hell.
Vinny

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2