Is Navigon worth it?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at the fairly expensive Navigon app, and also at Google maps. Any input from a Navigon user as to how it compares to Google maps would be very much appreciated.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have an expensive app for navigation, but in most situations Apple Maps/Google Maps work just as good. The only exception is when you don't have a cellular signal. In fact, I rarely use my navigation program anymore.

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
One of best offline navigation app - Navigon. I used many times and it does what it says. Next did you tried Here Maps. Free offline navigation app.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just use Google Maps. Works OK for my needs. I have a decent offline maps app, but it has no "turn by turn". I also still use old fashioned paper maps while traveling.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Having it available offline is great if you need it but you have to plan ahead and download the states you need. If you reload/ update your device often you may forget to redownload states you need. I also never need anything beyond apple, Google solutions. I probably don't ever need google maps at this point either.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at the fairly expensive Navigon app, and also at Google maps. Any input from a Navigon user as to how it compares to Google maps would be very much appreciated.
Navigon has been worth it for me... I've had it since before there was such a thing as Apple Maps at all... it's quite worth it to have the off-line functionality if you often find yourself in areas where you have little to no cell or wifi available to make Google functional.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2