Hi

I think I'm having issues getting notifications for new episodes of my subscribed podcasts, because I subscribe to some podcasts which publish new episodes every day. I mean the episodes get downloaded but without a notification. I checked the Settings->Notifications but there is no on/off toggle for Overcast. The only option I have found is in General->Background App Refresh which I turned on the day I downloaded Overcast. So far I tried the obvious: turned background app refresh off and on, restarted the phone, updated to 8.1(just now), deleted and installed the app again. Any ideas?
    10-20-2014 04:33 PM
    According to a review of the app via the iMore Blog, it states the following:

There's also a Settings view that lets you set subscription, notification, and unplayed episode retention on a per-show basis. (It's hidden behind a version of Overcast's icon rather than the typical gear icon that, while as unrelated as a floppy disk is to a modern save function, is still consistent enough to be far more recognizable.)

Source: Overcast for iPhone review: Podcasts reconsidered | iMore
    10-20-2014 04:53 PM
    Oh right I forgot this to mention that all toggles, "Subscribe to All New Episode", "Notification for New Episodes" are on.
    10-20-2014 05:15 PM
    I have the same issue.

I tried everything I could; delete and reinstall the app, disable iCloud for the app, delete account and all data,... And the app doesn't appear in "Settings-Notifications".

I sent two mail to the developer and he didn't answer back.

It's very frustrating this situation.
    10-26-2014 07:11 AM
    Try to update to the latest version. When I updated my notification issues where fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 11:46 AM
    Try to update to the latest version. When I updated my notification issues where fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the update 1.1 fixes notifications issues.
    11-21-2014 05:19 PM