Weird Instagram Notifications

Animatrix86

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
My dad has an iPhone 5 running iOS 7. Both of us have IG accounts. I logged him out, logged myself in, and used his phone to make a post. I then logged out. He has since logged back in and I have since got my own phone back, but we have a problem. My IG notifications show up on his phone. He is logged on as himself and we can't for the life of me find any remnants of my IG profile on that device, yet he still gets my notifications.

We deleted the app and reinstalled, logged out and logged back in, we're lost.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My dad has an iPhone 5 running iOS 7. Both of us have IG accounts. I logged him out, logged myself in, and used his phone to make a post. I then logged out. He has since logged back in and I have since got my own phone back, but we have a problem. My IG notifications show up on his phone. He is logged on as himself and we can't for the life of me find any remnants of my IG profile on that device, yet he still gets my notifications.

We deleted the app and reinstalled, logged out and logged back in, we're lost.
Is there an auto-backup to iCloud feature in the app or in the device's settings for the app? I don't use Instagram so I'm just asking. If there is, you may need to delete that particular backup from iCloud - possibly via Settings-General-Usage-Manage Storage-[your iPhone]

Animatrix86

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Is there an auto-backup to iCloud feature in the app or in the device's settings for the app? I don't use Instagram so I'm just asking. If there is, you may need to delete that particular backup from iCloud - possibly via Settings-General-Usage-Manage Storage-[your iPhone]

I'll have him take a look.