Pages and Numbers - your honest opinion please.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I have been using DocsToGo on my iPad and iPhone. It does mot support printing so I thought I would switch to iWorks.

As I started looking at the reviews for Pages and Numbers, I am finding them to be very negative riddled with freeze ups and documents getting deleted. The last reviews are from March 2013.

So those who use it, is it really that bad? Should I hold off on buying it?

Thanks very much for your help. :)

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
With it migrating to iCloud... there's no reason to buy it... you'll likely see it soon if you're an iCloud user.

For what I need to do, both Pages and Numbers have allowed me to do what I need to do...no missing files, etc.

vakama94

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got the complete iWork suite and so far there's never been something bad with the apps. The great thing about them is that they let you import your documents to other apps, so for example if you use SkyDrive or Google Drive to save your documents, you can do it. That's what I do whenever I finish a document or presentation.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
With it migrating to iCloud... there's no reason to buy it... you'll likely see it soon if you're an iCloud user.

For what I need to do, both Pages and Numbers have allowed me to do what I need to do...no missing files, etc.
Thanks, I do see a "coming soon" on my iCloud but I am not sure what you mean by no reason to buy it..I was planning on using it on my iPhone and iPad, I don't have to download the the apps to these two devices? Thanks :)
I've got the complete iWork suite and so far there's never been something bad with the apps. The great thing about them is that they let you import your documents to other apps, so for example if you use SkyDrive or Google Drive to save your documents, you can do it. That's what I do whenever I finish a document or presentation.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2
Thanks that is good to know.

Another question will the files on both devices sync, as Notes etc do via iCloud? Thanks

vakama94

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I do see a "coming soon" on my iCloud but I am not sure what you mean by no reason to buy it..I was planning on using it on my iPhone and iPad, I don't have to download the the apps to these two devices? Thanks :)
Thanks that is good to know.

Another question will the files on both devices sync, as Notes etc do via iCloud? Thanks

Yes, they do. You can also view them on the iCloud webpage in case you don't have another device to use the files

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The first thing I bought with my original Mac was iWorks. That lasted about 3 weeks and I ditched it in favor of MS Office for Mac. I already had Docs 2 Go on my iOS devices and am very happy that way.

Having iWorks in iCloud won't help you on your iOS devices - you'd still have to buy the apps, but it helps on your desktop. We'll see how it plays out, it's still in beta.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for the quick replies. I installed both Numbers and Pages for now and brought my most used files from DTG. So far I am happy with both apps after fumbling through and stumbling across the functions I needed. :D

I have another question - I am trying to use the DateDiff and express it in Years, Months, Days. There doesn't seem to be a built in option to do this that I can find.

Please help.

Thanks much for your continued support :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use pages all the time and it works for what I need it too. I think you will like it although there is a learning curve

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Well my transition went smoothly, thanks everyone for the encouraging posts.

So here is my proud first accomplishment beyond simple addition and subtraction. It's the DateDiff function and something I couldn't do as easily with DocsToGo.

I am happy. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 37

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’ve used Pages and Keynote since I purchased the iWork ('09) suite with my first MacBook... but Numbers drives me absolutely crazy... it’s just enough like Excel and just enough different to make it impossible (for me) to continue using...

It’s Microsoft Office for Mac for me...

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I?ve used Pages and Keynote since I purchased the iWork ('09) suite with my first MacBook... but Numbers drives me absolutely crazy... it?s just enough like Excel and just enough different to make it impossible (for me) to continue using...

It?s Microsoft Office for Mac for me...
I use Open Office on my MacBook (yeah I know I am being cheap. :D). I do use MS Office on my PC.

I am waiting to get Numbers and Pages for my MBP.

On iOS, once I got over trying to make Numbers behave just like Excel, it got easier and fun to use.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
For me, numbers pages and keynote are the best by far on my iDevices. I prefer MS office on my MacBook though. I often have to develop professional looking documents while on the go, and nothing does as good of a job as Pages and Numbers. The final product is always desktop quality compared to the others which produce more of a "draft" output.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2