Any reason to buy ANY 2019 iPhone Model?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an Xr and will be keeping it for many years. Had a 6+ before upgrading. Even if I was still a 6+ the only 2019 phone I would consider is the Xr. That new camera bump looks like a shatter waiting to happen with me. I also refuse to pay $1000+ for any phone so I’ll be doing Xr or midrange Android from now on I guess.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I upgrade once a year either way. My phone company allows me to hand back my phone and upgrade a year early for a $149 fee. Based on the phones and prices I will definitely be upgrading come September

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Last year, it turned out, I lied and said I would get the 2018 iPhone.

Well, this year I have a higher need and better financial room to upgrade.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Based on this year’s rumors, I’m happy and content with keeping my XS Max until 2020. I have a spare X that I use sometimes, so if I ever tire of the XS Max size (big fat chance of happening) I could switch to the X.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm telling my self that I will not upgrade my Xas Max this year but we will see when this new lineup presents

I'm more than happy with my Max and have no problem using it one or 2 more years but I love new phones and will probably end up with one this year

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Could you elaborate.
I have an XR and it’s pretty fast. Not instant but fast.
How can security be improved? Truly interested.

I thought Touch ID was pretty fast and reliable on my iPhone 5S, but Apple came out with an updated version with the 6S. I am just speculating about a new updated FaceID, though it makes sense with Apple constantly working to make things better. Who knows?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I thought Touch ID was pretty fast and reliable on my iPhone 5S, but Apple came out with an updated version with the 6S. I am just speculating about a new updated FaceID, though it makes sense with Apple constantly working to make things better. Who knows?

Then the 7 home button was way better. FID is different isn't it newer software that improves it, its the same on X,XS,XR and XS Max. X improved heaps after ios12.

Anyway i will be sticking with my XR it does everything i need, and iso13 will just improve it.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Then the 7 home button was way better. FID is different isn't it newer software that improves it, its the same on X,XS,XR and XS Max. X improved heaps after ios12.

Anyway i will be sticking with my XR it does everything i need, and iso13 will just improve it.

The XR, XS, XS Max, use the same 3D camera that the iPhone X uses, and we don’t know about the next crop of iPhones. Could be the same, though knowing how Apple likes to improve... it could very well be different.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

This is why I really wonder about why Apple improved Touch ID to close to perfection (5S-6-6S-7-8) with 7 & 8 being near perfect with the 'non button' electronic sensor and haptic feedback only to ditch the feature altogether. When I set up 2 new mid-range Androids for friends and saw BOTH Face & Touch enabled simultaneously it added to my puzzlement over Apples logic....

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
This is why I really wonder about why Apple improved Touch ID to close to perfection (5S-6-6S-7-8) with 7 & 8 being near perfect with the 'non button' electronic sensor and haptic feedback only to ditch the feature altogether. When I set up 2 new mid-range Androids for friends and saw BOTH Face & Touch enabled simultaneously it added to my puzzlement over Apples logic....

Nothing wrong with questioning their logic, but their logic has been quite successful.

taife32

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It really is dependent on an individual. These 2019 phones will come with a lot more capabilities as is often the case, because they will have next generation A-series SoC with next generation NPU, enabling them to do more on-device processing for photos/videos and security.

I also don’t think there is going to be a problem on the real devices. The dummies that are circulating the internet always lack the sparkle the real devices have. I’ve noticed this every year. The truth is that, the average person keep their phone for at least two years, looking at how much more processing the Xs have above the X, the XI or whatever it will called, should be technically quite a step up for an iPhone 8/X owner, let alone iPhone 7 or 6+ owners.

koalasprint

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I’d at least wait until the phones are officially revealed before coming to any conclusions. Owning an X, the XR/XS series felt like only a subtle upgrade, too minor for me to feel the need to purchase. But another subtle upgrade in the next generation could mean a substantial upgrade from the X. And there may yet be some surprises that the leaky folk have failed to uncover.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’d at least wait until the phones are officially revealed before coming to any conclusions. Owning an X, the XR/XS series felt like only a subtle upgrade, too minor for me to feel the need to purchase. But another subtle upgrade in the next generation could mean a substantial upgrade from the X. And there may yet be some surprises that the leaky folk have failed to uncover.

Let’s hope so because all of the leaking have taken the joy out of waiting for the next iPhone to be officially revealed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73