Notes app needs own email address?

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Why do I have to create an email address for the Notes app to sync from my iPad to my phone and iCloud? Is it a one time thing for step only?:confused:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why do I have to create an email address for the Notes app to sync from my iPad to my phone and iCloud? Is it a one time thing for step only?:confused:

That's just how it is. The native Notes app is an Apple app and requires an iCloud account for backup & sync purposes. The good thing is that there are 3rd party Apps that could probably serve you better than the native Notes app. Evernote immediately comes to mind. Anyway, take care and have a great evening.

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I set up the new @iCloud email for the native Notes app in iCloud on my iPad and did a backup. Nothing changed. None of the notes on my iPad show on my phone and vice versa. I thought by setting up the iCloud email address it would allow it to sync between my 2 devices. What else needs to be done to have them sync the info?:confused:

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and Notes is "on" both on my phone and iPad and the last iCloud backup was about an hour ago. No changes at all. Still 2 notes on my phone and 10 notes on my iPad. Obviously I'm missing something but don't know what. Help!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If iCloud on both your devices are configured with the same Apple ID and is enabled on both with Notes turned 'on' then your devices should be in sync. Try creating a test note on one device and then exit out of the note. You do not have to do a backup. The test note should sync to your other device within seconds. I just checked the Apple System Status page and thus far, all services are working properly. You can check out the services page HERE.

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Test note created on iPad and still not showing on iPhone. Checked settings/iCloud on both devices and Notes is "on". I only have one Apple ID and everything else syncs correctly so not sure what is happening with Notes. How does the iCloud email address I had to create figure in? It doesn't show anywhere in settings and when I click Notes in settings it shows iCloud as the default account on both devices. I like the Notes app and have tried other note taking apps but always come back to Notes but really need it to sync to both devices.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iCloud email address has no relevance to the sync process. Creating one was necessary for iCloud syncing purposes. Anyway, reboot both your device and then login to www.icloud.com via a computer. After you've logged in, select the Notes icon and verify that the test note is listed.

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why but when I go to www.icloud.com it says that I need to set up iCloud on my iPad, but all the steps it shows are already on and I did a backup frm settings/iCloud this morning on my iPad with no issues. (And I turned off both devices before checking iCloud.com and the test note created on the phone is still only on the phone.)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why but when I go to www.icloud.com it says that I need to set up iCloud on my iPad, but all the steps it shows are already on and I did a backup frm settings/iCloud this morning on my iPad with no issues. (And I turned off both devices before checking iCloud.com and the test note created on the phone is still only on the phone.)

That shouldn't happen. Logging onto the iCloud website using a computer should not tell you that it needs to be set up on your iPad. It is no different than logging into a gmail or yahoo account with a computer. If you attempt to access the iCloud website via your iPhone or iPad, you will not be able to and will see a message similar to the one in the below screenshot. By the way, are both devices connected to the Internet? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362929718.521635.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Are you using the same iCloud account on all devices & logging in via the Web?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll