i hate iOS6

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If you upgrade to iOS six but the thoughts that you have a better mobile experience iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, but didn't? It's maps, isn't it? Luckily you can downgrade your device with ease bac to iOS 5.1.1, and update again when Apple's release to fix for some of the features that are bugging you.

1: Download your IPSW.
To restore, you'll need to download the IPSW file of iOS of iOS 5.1.1 from Apple servers to restore your device.

2: Back up.
Before proceeding, back up your device to either I called her iTunes. Back up manually to iCloud by navigating to settings >iCloud >storage & backup and choose "back up now". Back up in iTunes by right clicking your device and sidebar and selecting "back up now".

3: Restore in iTunes.
After you've downloaded the IPSW file and backed up your device, then it's time to perform the restore in iTunes.

To do this, hold down the option key while clicking on the restore button. A Finder file selection dialog will appear. Select the IPSW file that you just downloaded, and click the "Open" button.

4: After your iOS 5.1.1 has been restored, you can proceed with restoring your back up from either iTunes or iCloud.

what's your point

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Despite some random stability issues and quirks every now and again, iOS 6 is pure love to my fingertips, both for my iPad and iPhone.

Dare I say it, *looks around nervously*, I actually LOVE Apples new Maps app.

*ducks to avoid incoming thrown objects*

I kinda have to agree I kinda like the maps feature big emphasis on "kinda" only because I live in Boston and I use the MBTA 90% of the time and the removal of transit was a killer for me and I'm still trying to find a work around for it. Other then that its design and concept is beautiful but still needs a lot of work before I can call it a google maps replacement. Until then looks what's right next to Maps lol.
7atyju6e.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow, first off, I love iOS6, and in regards to the dial pad, I put my iP4 on iOS6 next to my coworkers iP4 on iOS5.1 and the only difference we saw was the color, from black to white.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I kinda have to agree I kinda like the maps feature big emphasis on "kinda" only because I live in Boston and I use the MBTA 90% of the time and the removal of transit was a killer for me and I'm still trying to find a work around for it. Other then that its design and concept is beautiful but still needs a lot of work before I can call it a google maps replacement. Until then looks what's right next to Maps lol. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/27/7atyju6e.jpg

why don't you just download a map of the boston transit system from google images and save that. boston transit map - Google Search
And isn't there a boston mta iphone app?

MBTA.com > Online Trip Planning Tools
I also found this OpenMBTA for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I used to live in chicago, San Francisco, and DC. Honestly i just memorized where i needed to go in a few weeks plus i just read the map like people had to for decades. You could always use the google website too. I'm in LA now so nobody walks so turn by turn is much more important. That said i found that it utterly kills my battery in 30 minutes so not really useful.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hate is a strong word.... while i dont like some of the features in ios.5.5 i think it is a great update and when hopefully with time they will add a better map's other than that i cant really complain. Luckily i let my friend download it first to see

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I still find it hard to believe there were that many people using Google Maps to start with. They didn't offer turn by turn navigation and were useless in the car, if not downright dangerous. The only time I ever opened Google Maps was by accident. I always used TomTom - and will continue to use TomTom, although I do like the ease with which you can try alternate routes in Apple's maps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still find it hard to believe there were that many people using Google Maps to start with. They didn't offer turn by turn navigation and were useless in the car, if not downright dangerous. The only time I ever opened Google Maps was by accident. I always used TomTom - and will continue to use TomTom, although I do like the ease with which you can try alternate routes in Apple's maps.

I used Google Maps all the time, but not for turn-by-turn navigation. I used it mainly to locate places and for an overview on how to get there. It was very useful in that regard to me. I now do the same with Apple maps.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Ignore metrion... don't feed the troll.

---------- Post Merged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:40 PM ----------

there are plenty of maps for various transit systems in the App Store...

I just liked the convenience of having everything together. Spoiled I guess. I am going to try out two or three and maybe find one that works best for me.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded my sister's iPad just out of curiosity. And the results I discovered was this.

iOS6 can be explained by no other words than a work in progress. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just like to have the comfort of using something that I know actually works. She actually came back and said, "Why did you upgrade? Safari's messed up, change it back."

And iOS users better be glad that Google, out of the kindness of their own heart, decided to make a YouTube app. Although it would've been one storm I would like to have seen.

It's not that iOS6 is bad. They could've waited, or released it last year. I'm actually curious as to how many people actually upgraded vs who didn't.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded my sister's iPad just out of curiosity. And the results I discovered was this.

iOS6 can be explained by no other words than a work in progress. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just like to have the comfort of using something that I know actually works. She actually came back and said, "Why did you upgrade? Safari's messed up, change it back."

And iOS users better be glad that Google, out of the kindness of their own heart, decided to make a YouTube app. Although it would've been one storm I would like to have seen.

It's not that iOS6 is bad. They could've waited, or released it last year. I'm actually curious as to how many people actually upgraded vs who didn't.

Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with Safari? YouTube is not part of iOS so that's a nonissue with the exception that some people miss it. Also, you called it a work in progress, but failed to mention what you liked and disliked about iOS 6 after you installed it on your sister's iPad. Please be specific.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2