Which is the BEST Navigation App?

zotje1

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know the EVO still doesn't run IOS. I loved google maps on android. The turn by turn navigation made me toss my tom tom in the back of the closet. Now I got an iphone and I'm digging the tom tom back out.
Tried Waze which is OK but doesn't get the best directions when making a long drive.
Mapquest seems pretty good. Directions are good, I can put in multiple stops which is great. However, it gets confused with my gps when there are too many turns...I'll be following the directions to a T and suddenly it will see me off the path and giving me directions back to the road I'm already on.

so not one person mentioned maps

it was pretty good on the evo

Vanessa Hawke

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best GPS Navigation on Best iPhone Apps site

Have you tried MapQuest? appfavour.com/navigation/mapquest_316126557
MapQuest is the #1 provider of FREE voice-guided, turn-by-turn, GPS navigation for iPhone. This is the most well-known for online maps, and it has been around longer than most.

aallison05

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Waze is hit or miss for me, have been using Navigon for a few months now and really love it. If you'd like you can buy just the region you live in, and if needed buy the fresh maps later and it will give you access to all of the USA. That at least gives you a slightly lower up-front cost.

On-board maps are key for me, I hate waiting for live maps to refresh maps and routes just as I hit an area without even 3G coverage.

profan

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Motion X is not bad, but for me Spyglass is top-notch. It costs 3.99, but there are no monthly payments, and all updates are free.
It works great for off-road navigation and indispensable for hiking.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded Waze to see what all the fuss is about. It's definitely a Google app. It asks for more personal information than I wanted to give. Why does a map app need my phone number? Yep, it's Google alright. Deleted!

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I use [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scout-gps-maps-voice-navigation/id467816643?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Scout[/URL] all the time, especially finding my fav coffee shop when traveling :heart:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2