Hack RUN

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the game Hack RUN (downloaded the free version first) the other day and I've found it's really fun.

Reminds me of playing Uplink a number of years ago.

The basic premise is: You are a hacker that is hired to find info from a company. They give you some slight hints, a built in help system, and off you go. The interface is very much like a linux x-term (green on black) with a "mail" system and a web browser, including multiple (that I've found), very realistic web sites. You have to find usernames, passwords, and different systems to get into. Each successful new command, system, or bit of info gains you a new "level".

A very robust, level based hint system is also included with the game. Stuck on level 22? Enter 22 into the hint system and you have 2 choices: A hint, or the answer.

I like it a lot. Has anyone else played it? Are there any other games out there like it?

gdasilva

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
just downloaded and played for a quick 5 minutes. i'm at work so i can't really be on my iphone. seem cool, interesting and weird at the same time. i somehow got to level 3 already by typing what they told me to do. i'm definitely play more tonight when i'm out of work.

rosepearstudio

Jun 10, 2011
www.rosepearstudio.com
Nice find. I like these sort of text games; reminds me the time I played the DOS text game, HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I just played Hack RUN free and now I'm stuck on Anderson's password. This will be fun to try to figure out without hints =]. Again, nice find.

RosePear Studio
("Rock Sliders" for iPhone)

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Finished this game over the weekend. Some pretty tricky "levels", and interesting twists. Hope there's another release like this soon!

iAlex

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The next Hack RUN app has been released

Thanks for the great posts everyone. We're thrilled you enjoyed Hack RUN and wanted to let you know our second app Hack Run ZERO is now available. We hope you enjoy it and thanks again!

Reactions: liquidzoo

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77