I'm thinking about an iPad but I am not sure it will suit my needs. I have a quick question about Quick Office, Doc2Go, iwork, etc.

I frequently receive word documents that have the "track changes" feature enabled. It is imperative that I be able to see changes from other users, make changes and send out documents via email for others to review.

Do any of the iPad document editors support this functionality?

07-24-2010 08:26 PM
    I've looked around and it appears the answer to this is a big "no" right now. That is disappointing. I guess the only way is through logmein or one of the remote desktop apps.
    07-26-2010 09:50 AM
    not that i've seen
    08-03-2010 05:50 PM
    but it would be a useful function for an ipad app
    08-03-2010 05:52 PM
    This came up with me last month when I was on vacation & needed to review a document that was black-lined. I have GoodReader, Pages & Office HD, but none would import the blacklined version (it came through with the changes as a clean version). I checked Documents to Go & a few others, but none had that feature either. I then researched it and wasn't able to find any program that reads a black-lined document or let you draft a document with track changes.

I assume it will be added in a new update to one of these programs soon, since the iPad being used for business & it is something often needed, especially for attorneys drafting agreements. My guess would be that Docs to Go would add it first.
    08-07-2010 08:44 AM