TiPb Give Away -- 10 FREE Copies of PCalc RPN Calculator for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
PCalc [$9.99 - James Thomson is curious as to what users would like to see in an iPad version. How curious? He's made a cardboard version to play around with (above) and is offering TiPb readers ten (10) FREE copies of PCalc to tell him what you think!

So, leave a reply below and let him know just exactly which features you'd like to see on that big 9.7" iPad screen. His favorite ten (10) answers will get a copy of PCalc for iPhone for FREE.

Give-away starts now and ends Monday at 12pm, PT. Promo codes require a US App Store account (Apple's rule, not ours).

Bewchacca

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
PCalc ideas

My favorite feature of the HP 50g is the equation writer, so PCalc having some type of "textbook" display would be great, especially on a bigger screen.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Given the great advantage of the accelerometer, I'd like to see graphing functions that spit out whole graphs and you can tilt sideways to get a bigger view.

Also zooming in and out of graphs and interacting with them. Say tapping a part of the graph will show you what point it is in the graph. With that huge screen, there's a potential to have gorgeous interactive graphs!

Cobra5mil

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE to see graphing capabilities. TI-89 stuff.

Secondly, I would be pleasantly surprised to see financial calculator functions. (PV, FV, I, N, ect.)

saundersadam

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe have an option that would allow you to draw the numbers/math signs with your fingers as if you're really doing math problems in a notebook or something. since the screen is so huge I think it would be perfect.

bsugarman

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
The ability to label and define variables in equations as I did in my HP Business Analyst II) got me through B-School. As an interface, I'd love that fold-over book design with the text letter on the left side and the calculator functions on the right side. Of course, with all of that screen real estate, higher resolution graphing would be very nice. In general, though, I use the extra screen real estate to make the interface more user friendly rather than more function-stuffed complex.

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
Tables. Charts, graphs, etc. 3D previewing. I've got some friends who are very interesting in the ipad for design purposes. Create a feature where you can enter dimensions to get basic drafts or orthographic drawings. Major feature and could be very easy to use when it comes to being able to spin the view around on a 3D drawing. Another feature could be to have a basic coordinate plane when you could simply drag your finger around to find a point with a small bubble above your finger to tell what coordinate you're on. Because the screen isn't square, off to the side, you can have a basic info column where you could find the slope of the line, the equation of that line, and if you create more than one line, it could say whether or not the two lines are parallel. In simple words: GO GRAPHING AND ITS SOLD!

Good luck and keep up the excellent quality just like PCalc for iPhone!

dsisnero

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
rpn on ipad

I would like contextual pop ups worksheets for different engineering/ financial tasks. For instance a banker would get an almost worksheet view of mortgage functions. An electrician would get pop ups to enter pipe fill calculations, an electrical engineer would get different pop ups for voltage, current, space loss functions. So, basically, have different task view pop up per discipline.

thanks

epaminos

May 7, 2009
Visit site
1.] Option to copy or cut a part of a number by pressing and holding on the number until the magnifying glass-bubble appears. Then, the copy boundaries or quotes can be dragged around the numbers to be selected. Next, either copy or cut those numbers.

2.] Repetition of the last function by pressing the = button many times.

3.] Currency Converter

4.] Statistical Functions

5.] Financial Functions

6.] Additional conversions

Energy: Ergs, Kilogram-Calories, Kilogram-Meters, Watt-Hours
Power: Foot-Pounds/Minute or Second
Pressure: Inches or cm of Mercury
Time: Nanoseconds

Modnar

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i would like to see the entire stack all at once and then be able to rearrange the stack by touching and dragging the elements around to different positions. I think this would be much easier and better than the exchange and drop functions. Not that I would remove those keys.

jlc

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
My thoughts:

Viewable stack; say 10 or more deep and the ability to replace selected values in the stack.

Equation solver with names. For example, enter the NPV and discount rate, period and get cash flow. Show each value on screen as:

NPV 10000
Discount Rate .10
Cash Flow per year 1000
Period (years) 20

On screen buttons could let you select first the function; then the desired values to input. (This could be done for other calcs as well, such as conversions)

Finally, if you built in a solver you could allow naming and displaying of the fields on screen as well; and saving of the parameters for later recall and use.

Customizable display of results, such as negative values in red or in parens ; similar to financial results.

Graphing

The ability to export results to notepad and graphs as jpgs; and to email results (as .csv and jpg) to contacts.
Customizable button layouts so commonly used functions could be stored on the home page.

Darn, you got me excited over the iPad.

hackjackal

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
HP25 Simulation Mode

It would be great to have a simple built in keystroke step programming capability and not just the near-computer-language level programming used by so many new calculators.

There is a very visual way to present a step-programmable calculator on a fairly large screen: Portion off an area of the screen for the visual programming area for the program step storage. Create a block for each programming step and in each bock insert a pull down selector control. Add as many of these blocks as can fit in the portioned off area. Perhaps 49 or 50, perhaps 100. Each block is numbered according to its program step, or they could be marked by grid markings outside the blocked area. To "program" a specific step, the user uses the pull down to select what they want, a "5" a "SIN" a ">=?" or whatever.

Not enough program steps to suit you? Then add < > or V ^ scroll buttons to the programing portion of the screen and page your way to where you want to go. Just be sure to update the programming step count indicators.

The other side of the screen provides the display, a view into a few select registers, and commands to be able to store values for preset to be used by the program. Basic scientific funtions would also be on keys to facility pre-program run computations. If flag capability is added to the programming portion, then the display area could have flag indicator lights.

Hackjackal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77