Question about GoodReader & USB file transfer

sirius

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I've currently got GoodReader 2.3 (un-upgraded so I can still use USB transfer) which I use for storing large documentation files while on the road, as well as some HD video files for experimentation.

I really like the app and would like to upgrade for some of the new features, but don't want to lose the ability to transfer files via USB.

My question is, does anybody know of a solution to this? I'd prefer not to jailbreak my phone, but it's not out of the question.

Oboewan

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Wait until 3.2. That is, if it ever comes out on non-iPad devices.
It actually allows apps to sync via USB, and even share files amongst one another using what appears to be mass storage. That's how iPad iWork will work.

sirius

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Ooh, good thinking... If Apple allows USB connections and storage on the iPhone that would be an actual reason to upgrade to 4.0!

sirius

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I use iPhone Explorer in conjunction with GoodReader. I'm assuming that upgrading GoodReader to 2.4 would remove the "USB Folder" from the iPhone Explorer window, since they state USB transfer is not supported in that version. That directory is, as far as I know, the only way to put files on the iPhone via USB in a place GoodReader can access them (short of jailbreaking that is).

midlifecrisiss

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes.
I'm not sure, but too nervous to risk losing the capability! Losing my iphone as an ebook reader would be a disaster for me.
Has anyone out there got goodreader 2.6 and if so, does IPhone explorer work with it?
Anyone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl