Magellan Roadmate Gps App!

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Question. On my Blackberry I had Garmin and I would just throw it on the seat and if I had my bluetooth the turn by turn would play through that and if not the sound would be loud enough to easily hear.
Why is everybody interested in a $ 130.00 car kit? Am I missing something ?

Gainc,

My day off today but I'll help answer your question =)

Advantages of having a $100+ car kit:

1.) iPhone in general uses alot of battery. Car kits well over $100 usually acts as a charger.
2.) For cars, that dont have bluetooth connectivity, users can use the audio cable connected from the car kit to car stereo for car speaker sound ability.
3.) With the iPhone placed with a Car kit on a car's windshield, it is most visible to the sky which is the ideal place you want your phone for best GPS, data and voice reception.
4.)secure location for your phone. you dont want to do a hard brake and have your phone flying down off your seat. this can cause damage to your phone and cause you a accident.
5.) Finally, some people like looking at the on screen directions, maps, pictures and guide. This is one important feature of any GPS application.

These are just a few little ideas that come to mind why I believe why people need Car Kits.

Hope that helped. On a serparte note: I believe there is a thread somewhere that explains why Car Kits are worth over $100. It goes on to explain if you add up the cost of a normal car kit, bluetooth, charger, speaker, etc... you can well justify spending 100+ on a awesome car kit. And FYI: Magellan's is the best. ^___^

Utp504

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
$20 off code for iphone car kit

Hello,
I purchased the iPhone app on 1/10/10 and resitered it the same day. The app page and the website say that if I do both of those things by 1/25/10 I will get a code. However I have not recieved one yet. I am wondering 1.) how long will it take to get the code. 2.) if I will get a code because I recieved an email from customer support at Magellan saying I am not eligible for the code because the promo was only good until 12/8/09. But, the app page and website say it is until 1/25/10.

Thank you.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hello,
I purchased the iPhone app on 1/10/10 and resitered it the same day. The app page and the website say that if I do both of those things by 1/25/10 I will get a code. However I have not recieved one yet. I am wondering 1.) how long will it take to get the code. 2.) if I will get a code because I recieved an email from customer support at Magellan saying I am not eligible for the code because the promo was only good until 12/8/09. But, the app page and website say it is until 1/25/10.

Thank you.

Utp504,

I am happy you to came to me for help. I believe the customer service agent you spoke to was probably misinformed about the new promotion that we are having. Please PM me the current status of your situation. I need to know if you still have not received the coupon code in your e-mail. Be sure to please check the e-mail you registered your Magellan account. If it is still not there, I can see what I can do to help obtain your coupon code.

Utp504

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Utp504,

I am happy you to came to me for help. I believe the customer service agent you spoke to was probably misinformed about the new promotion that we are having. Please PM me the current status of your situation. I need to know if you still have not received the coupon code in your e-mail. Be sure to please check the e-mail you registered your Magellan account. If it is still not there, I can see what I can do to help obtain your coupon code.

Hi,

Thank you fr your quick response. I tried to PM you but it said I wasn't able to send a PM since I have just joined the site. I have not recieved the code yet and was hoping to get the code by today or tomorrow so I could recieve the car kit before the weekend.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you fr your quick response. I tried to PM you but it said I wasn't able to send a PM since I have just joined the site. I have not recieved the code yet and was hoping to get the code by today or tomorrow so I could recieve the car kit before the weekend.

I will pm you my contact info. Please check your inbox.

CMeyer2001

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
So I need some help with my Magellan iPhone Premium Car Kit. I posted this in another thread and was told Maggie might have some insight for me on this situation. Below is the problem I am encountering.

Has anybody else received their car kit yet? I got mine last week and really like most of its features, but one thing bothers me and I am not sure if others have found the same issue. When I plug an aux cable from the cradle to my stereo, music then plays through my car speakers as well as the cradle speaker. I haven't found any way to fix this except to turn the cradle speaker all the way down. Navigation and music is then just heard through my car stereo. However, if i receive a phone call, then I have to turn the cradle speaker back up because calls will not play through the car stereo speakers. Let me know if anybody else has experienced this issue or found way around this. Thanks!

Blades13

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I agree would like to turn off the speaker on the car kit. Please let me know. Also, what is the $20 off promotion everyone is talking about. Would like more info.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree would like to turn off the speaker on the car kit. Please let me know. Also, what is the $20 off promotion everyone is talking about. Would like more info.

Blade13,

There is a volume dimmer on the left hand side of the car kit.

We are offering a $20 off promotion for the car kit with a purchase of our Roadmate app. You can find the details at Magellan GPS - Legal Terms and Conditions

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If I already bought both. Could I still recieve the $20 dollar rebate?

Blade13,

It is not a $20 Rebate. It is a $20 coupon code off the purchase of the Car Kit. To qualify, you need to have a purchase copy of the App registered before 1/25/10. After you register your app, you will receive your coupon code in 7 days in which you would use to subtract $20 off your car kit purchase on our homepage.

I hope that helps.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Originally Posted by CMeyer2001 Has anybody else received their car kit yet? I got mine last week and really like most of its features said:
CMeyer2001,

Im happy you are enjoying your car kit. As for the issue with the aux cable/speaker; let me explain the reason why the car kit acts this way.

This is the way the car kit was designed. It acts as a bluetooth-handfrees device with amplified speaker for calls with the availability to listen to music and nav directions from your car speakers.(aux cable connected). iPhone application sounds and iPhone call sounds come from different audio sources that the aux cables don't process; therefore, the reason why the sound cuts off from your car audio when you receive a phone call.

A way around this? I know of some audio dash systems that will allow the iphone and car audio to work together making it similar to a bluetooth/phone system they have in the higher end luxury cars. But these systems usually cost $$$ more. And that is a whole different topic.

I hope I answered your question. Please let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.

CMeyer2001

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response, however that part of the car kit I understand and am fine with. The problem I am experiencing is a little different. My setup has my iPhone docked in the car kit, and then an AUX cable running from the car kit to my car stereo. If I am listening to music on my iPhone, the music plays through the stereo as well as through the car kit speaker. I know with the TOM TOM car kit, when an AUX cable is plugged in the music ONLY plays through the car stereo, and then the cradle speaker is activated when a call comes through. Is there a way to do this with the Magellan cradle? It is rather annoying and a hassle while driving to have to turn up and down the cradle volume depending on whether i am listening to music or taking a phone call.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the response, however that part of the car kit I understand and am fine with. The problem I am experiencing is a little different. My setup has my iPhone docked in the car kit, and then an AUX cable running from the car kit to my car stereo. If I am listening to music on my iPhone, the music plays through the stereo as well as through the car kit speaker. I know with the TOM TOM car kit, when an AUX cable is plugged in the music ONLY plays through the car stereo, and then the cradle speaker is activated when a call comes through. Is there a way to do this with the Magellan cradle? It is rather annoying and a hassle while driving to have to turn up and down the cradle volume depending on whether i am listening to music or taking a phone call.

CMeyer,

Is having the car kit speaker on that bad? I don't understand why you would want it off and only on during a call?

I thought people would love having a extra speaker. lol.

I will forward your remark to management and see what solutions they can come up with. Thanks!

Blades13

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Blade13,

It is not a $20 Rebate. It is a $20 coupon code off the purchase of the Car Kit. To qualify, you need to have a purchase copy of the App registered before 1/25/10. After you register your app, you will receive your coupon code in 7 days in which you would use to subtract $20 off your car kit purchase on our homepage.

I hope that helps.

That does help. I guess I can not get twenty off since both are already purchased. Oh well. I love both of them and are so happy with both. It was because of this thread that I bought them and just wanted to say thanks!

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
That does help. I guess I can not get twenty off since both are already purchased. Oh well. I love both of them and are so happy with both. It was because of this thread that I bought them and just wanted to say thanks!

Blade13,

Very awesome. Thank you very much. This kind of feedback will help solidify my position. :) I am happy I was able to help and appreciate your understanding.

Please always feel free to submit any feedback, questions, or comments here. It gives my work meaning! :D

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Calls and Speakers

to Maggie :
i am suppose to get my car cardle next week and am excited , but at the same you kindda put me down now that i heard that i won't be able to hear the calls through the car speakers , cause i have right now an fm transmitter that routes the calls as well as Music and any sound coming from the Iphone to the speakers . i dont know if i understood well or not but are u saying that i wont be able to hear the calls through my car speakers ! please make that clear for me and let me know if there is something that i can buy extra to get that option , thanks...

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
to Maggie :
i am suppose to get my car cardle next week and am excited , but at the same you kindda put me down now that i heard that i won't be able to hear the calls through the car speakers , cause i have right now an fm transmitter that routes the calls as well as Music and any sound coming from the Iphone to the speakers . i dont know if i understood well or not but are u saying that i wont be able to hear the calls through my car speakers ! please make that clear for me and let me know if there is something that i can buy extra to get that option , thanks...

Caddouch,

I will see what solution we can find for you. As for the FM transmitter, how is it connected to the iPhone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2