lost phone contacts on iPhone 8

citytilidie66

May 8, 2019
Visit site
Yesterday lunchtime my phone contacts just disappeared from my iPhone 8 - no reason and nothing I had done - all email contacts still there ( over 1250 ) and only a few phone contacts whereas before i had hundreds - tried literally everything including reset from a few days ago from a previous backup - that seemed to solve it with all my contacts coming back and names showing on my iMessages but as the restore continued they disappeared again ? - just can’t seem to get them back ? for them to restore from a previous back up they must have been there but then they disappeared ?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Try the above advice and let us know if you have more than one device using the same cloud account

citytilidie66

May 8, 2019
Visit site
Yes tried pretty much everything and I have 3 devices on the same iCloud account, iPhone 8, iPad Air and iPad Pro - just been advised that my exchange email provider do not store my phone contacts on there email servers so must be a phone hardware problem or sim issue ?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So if I'm understanding you correctly, the contacts are only missing from your iPhone 8? They are still showing on your iPad Air and iPad Pro?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2