iphone 8 wireless charging at 100% then screen goes on and off continuously

lfaitas

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
i have tried to charge my new iphone 8 on both samsung wireless chargers EP-PG950 i have and although the iphone charges well to 100% then from that point on the screen of the phone goes on and off every few minutes with an annoying beep.
i tried changing the cables (usb to usb-c) and the charger wish are always samsung original fast chargers EP-TA300 and as i said before i have 2 samsung chargers but nothing.. i get the same on and off screen result when fully charged.
when i had my galaxy s8 i did not have this problem.
please help!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
A charger will charge the phone to 100% and then the battery stops charging. While it's sitting there, not charging, it's losing battery. When the battery begins to drop below 100% it will begin charging again. For some reason this makes the screen come on. This has happened on two of my previous Android devices on a wireless charger, and now on my iPhone when using a wireless charger. I dunno if this is meant to happen or not, but it sure is annoying.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i have tried to charge my new iphone 8 on both samsung wireless chargers EP-PG950 i have and although the iphone charges well to 100% then from that point on the screen of the phone goes on and off every few minutes with an annoying beep.
i tried changing the cables (usb to usb-c) and the charger wish are always samsung original fast chargers EP-TA300 and as i said before i have 2 samsung chargers but nothing.. i get the same on and off screen result when fully charged.
please help!

I currently have an iPhone 8 and I use a wireless charger with it and to this date, I’ve yet to experience what you are experiencing. When the battery reaches 100%, it does what it has done since I’ve been using an iPhone - nothing. If I were experiencing what you are, I’d be back at the nearest Apple Store swapping out the device because that’s not normal behavior, in my opinion.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
please help!

My 8+ does this as well with the Samsung wireless fast charger. I have never experienced anything like this with any other phone and it is really REALLY annoying!

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Had a similar problem when I bought a Qi charge pad and wireless case for my 6s plus.

Swapped out the case and the problem stopped; yet to experience it with the 8+.

Have you tried other charge pads bedsides the Samsung ones?

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Had a similar problem when I bought a Qi charge pad and wireless case for my 6s plus.

Swapped out the case and the problem stopped; yet to experience it with the 8+.

Have you tried other charge pads bedsides the Samsung ones?

Not sure about the OP, but I don’t use a case. Haven’t tried using another wireless charger since the one I have is the only one I own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandobro