Did anyone skip the iPhone 7 because they are waiting for the iPhone 8?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I went ahead and got the iPhone 7 Plus. I really wanted that new camera! BUT I understand some folks are waiting for the iPhone 8 because bigger "tock" changes are expected (or is is "tick" I forget lol). So what did you do? Did you get an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus knowing you can always either sell it and upgrade, OR just use the Apple Upgrade (or a carrier upgrade) program to get the 8 next year, OR are you holding out for the 8, and the big changes that are expected?

Rich

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I initially purchased the iPhone 7, but after having it for two weeks, I switched it out for the iPhone 7 Plus. Sometimes I want to return to the iPhone 7, but I will keep the Plus model until the next iPhone is released and then I'll get that one.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Normally iPhone worth an update only in two years time. I doubt next one will be so revolutionary it makes the 7/7Plus obsolete. Probably it'll bring a new design with same hardware, or just slightly better hardware. That's what I believe. And, being like that, I'll better wait for the 8S series.

Cheers,

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I just bought my first iphone, a 6S. I thought about getting a 7 instead, but I figured I could save a little money, have basically the same thing (as long as I don't drop it in a lake). I might get the new one when it comes out, or may switch back to Windows, or try a Pixel. I have phone ADD, and generally switch twice a year or so, though I'm going to try my hardest to stay with the iphone for a full year.

My wife also has the 6S, and has had it for about a year. I'm sure she will stay with iphone and get whatever the next major update is, whether that is next year or the following year.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I just bought my first iphone, a 6S. I thought about getting a 7 instead, but I figured I could save a little money, have basically the same thing (as long as I don't drop it in a lake). I might get the new one when it comes out, or may switch back to Windows, or try a Pixel. I have phone ADD, and generally switch twice a year or so, though I'm going to try my hardest to stay with the iphone for a full year.

My wife also has the 6S, and has had it for about a year. I'm sure she will stay with iphone and get whatever the next major update is, whether that is next year or the following year.

You know how many phones I have had in the last 5 years? lol Probably only a Mobile Nations editor has changed more often!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I stuck with my 6s Plus. It's a great phone. I didn't see anything with the 7 Plus that caused me to upgrade. The black color would be hidden by an Otterbox case. The nice photography updates are cool, but I wouldn't use them that often. 2 gb of RAM suits my 6s Plus fine. And I like to keep in with my Verizon upgrades. I've always been a 2 years user. So, next year it is!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I skipped the iPhone 7 because I find there's no reason to upgrade from my 6s. I might go with next year's iPhone, depending on my financial situation by the time it's released. Actually, I was even thinking earlier today that if I'm not that impressed with next year's offering, I might just get the iPhone 7 instead.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the fence about upgrading. I've been tempted several times but haven't yet. And the funny part is I'm on the 6 plus, not even the 6s

The 6 plus still serves me well and I have it jailbroken and almost perfectly set up. Why I haven't even upgraded to iOS 10 yet. Don't wanna lose the jailbreak

But if the next iPhone (8 or 7s?) comes out and have a better screen (OLED?). I'll definitely upgrade

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I held off on getting the 7, focusing instead on the 10th anniversary iPhone coming next year. My 6+ is cosmetically perfect & functionally, 90% (battery degradation & loss-of-life sucks). For me it was easy: save my pennies for the 2017 release, which I believe will be a new design & offer better features/specs than a typical yearly release, e.g., 6S to 7.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Even though as I posted above that I get the new one every year, I've said before on s models year I would pass that year. It never happened. And never will. I have to have the latest and greatest. I do think the 7 is a nice upgrade over the 6s. Necessary? It never is. Just nice to have.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I always say I'm skipping this years new iPhone , but always get it in October. I might as well stop fooling myself and just pre order at 12AM like everyone else. I will be ordering the iPhone 8 ( whatever the name) at 12AM release date next year.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the 6 Plus and was thinking about downsizing to the 7, but with the talk about next year's model, I am thinking of waiting now.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm so bad I just got a Pixel also! If you all knew how many phones I have had in the last 5 years! I could probably supply a baseball team!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I upgrade yearly. I told myself this year I was going to stick with my 6S. Then I saw the Matte Black option. Then I told myself I needed a Plus this year. Then I told myself I needed more memory (I didn't).

Needless to say...I went with the 7 Plus 256 GB in Matte Black.

I'll probably tell myself I'm sticking with it next year. Then I'll end up with the 8.

I hate myself.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711