Anyone moving up from their 8 Plus?

jb_ez86

May 20, 2018
Visit site
I’m loving my 8 Plus and my Daughter still loving and using her 7 Plus. The iPhone X/Xs/Xs Max are lovely phone. But those prices are a bit steep.

If you got it go for it. Otherwise hold off and give it a year/year and a half and see what the new iPhones bring.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Staying with my 8+. Runs great. Love the PR and will be paid off in a few months. Just paid off my iPad. I want a lower bill. Not higher. Am being sensible. Not necessary. Why switch when phone works perfect!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I switched from 7Plus to 8Plus a month ago when my 7Plus became less than reliable as its battery had weakened, needing the use of Low Power mode to get past lunchtime, the throttling had happened as well, so the sum total of the reduced performance on both counts had it often glitchy and that was before it developed a tendency to go into bootloops out of the blue. I was faced with fixing it or replacing it, keeping in mind that where I live there is really not the robust after care & support available in marketplaces in bigger countries - Barbados has a population under 300,000 thus really not large enough to support conveniences like Apple Store, Genius Bar or AppleCare. (Many Apple users here also are either tourists or have significant connections offshore in more developed places)
I had noticed both in this forum as well by following other feedback venues that a significant number of glitches and issues seem (IMHO) to be teething problems with and since iPhone X was introduced vs the traditional (to & including iPhone 8) with a lot of headaches generally more on the newer designs wrt Wifi, Data Connectivity, Bluetooth etc- as well as issues with iOS updating so with buyer beware and restrictive return or refund policies locally a strong factor, I went with the 8Plus as 'tried & true' rather than XR which I could have obtained at a similar price. Heck - It took Apple fully 3 years to fine tune and tweak Touch ID so I was hesitant to jump aboard right now to a new platform. The availability of wireless charging and a bit more smoothness and speed all round have satisfied me but I'll admit to wondering if I was being a nervous nelly about change in general -however I'm satisfied to wait & see over the next 2 years or so, God spare me.
Please forgive my wordy post seemingly covering a simple subject but I always hope to strike a note with others away from the 'First World' cocoon of 'Bumper to Bumper' care & support offered with higher end products, driven by competition for customer $$

Last edited:

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I switched from 7Plus to 8Plus a month ago when my 7Plus became less than reliable as its battery had weakened, needing the use of Low Power mode to get past lunchtime, the throttling had happened as well, so the sum total of the reduced performance on both counts had it often glitchy and that was before it developed a tendency to go into bootloops out of the blue. I was faced with fixing it or replacing it, keeping in mind that where I live there is really not the robust after care & support available in marketplaces in bigger countries - Barbados has a population under 300,000 thus really not large enough to support conveniences like Apple Store, Genius Bar or AppleCare. (Many Apple users here also are either tourists or have significant connections offshore in more developed places)
I had noticed both in this forum as well by following other feedback venues that a significant number of glitches and issues seem (IMHO) to be teething problems with and since iPhone X was introduced vs the traditional (to & including iPhone 8) with a lot of headaches generally more on the newer designs wrt Wifi, Data Connectivity, Bluetooth etc- as well as issues with iOS updating so with buyer beware and restrictive return or refund policies locally a strong factor, I went with the 8Plus as 'tried & true' rather than XR which I could have obtained at a similar price. Heck - It took Apple fully 3 years to fine tune and tweak Touch ID so I was hesitant to jump aboard right now to a new platform. The availability of wireless charging and a bit more smoothness and speed all round have satisfied me but I'll admit to wondering if I was being a nervous nelly about change in general -however I'm satisfied to wait & see over the next 2 years or so, God spare me.
Please forgive my wordy post seemingly covering a simple subject but I always hope to strike a note with others away from the 'First World' cocoon of 'Bumper to Bumper' care & support offered with higher end products, driven by competition for customer $$

Understandable. The 8plus is a solid device and many prefer its tried and tested functionality over the new devices. I hope you enjoy your new device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2