How's the glass back holding up to scratches?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I carry mine naked and thus far its been scratch free. Just curious, those of you who are putting the phone in a case are you seeing many scratches on the back glass? Every now and then I want to put a case on it, but was curious to how bad it might scratch with a case on it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: How's the glass back holding up to scratches

I just got mine Tuesday but I use the  leather cases for the felt inside just to try to mitigate scratches.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I don’t have an iPhone 8 Plus, but the exterior of my iPhone 8 still looks brand new.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

As long as you don’t drag it over the table, I think it’ll be just fine.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

I carry mine naked and thus far its been scratch free. Just curious, those of you who are putting the phone in a case are you seeing many scratches on the back glass? Every now and then I want to put a case on it, but was curious to how bad it might scratch with a case on it.

Try one of those plastic screen protectors which come for the back of the iPhone. They avoid excess addition of thickness, and provide good protection against scratches. I use it for my 7 (I know it’s pretty much useless on aluminum, but just to keep it extraaa safe).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

No scratches here. Been using it without a case since launch. I put it under light right now but can't really see anything. It does help that I have the cream colored back version. I think if I had the space gray back I would probably see more scratches under light.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Definitely have some light scratching on the back of my ip8. Been in cases but gunk still gets behind the case and scratches my phone.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

No scratches here. Been using it without a case since launch. I put it under light right now but can't really see anything. It does help that I have the cream colored back version. I think if I had the space gray back I would probably see more scratches under light.

Really? I saw more scratches with the gold/cream than I do on my silver. I also let my gold slip into a sink so...

Definitely feels like a solid phone though. Don't feel like I have to wear kid gloves using it, but I definitely respect it more after my first 8 Plus go.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Really? I saw more scratches with the gold/cream than I do on my silver. I also let my gold slip into a sink so...

Definitely feels like a solid phone though. Don't feel like I have to wear kid gloves using it, but I definitely respect it more after my first 8 Plus go.

The way I am with my devices, I’m sure in another month or so I’ll start seeing some scratches. I’m surprised I’m not seeing any as of now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Mine still looks brand spanking new...

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
How's the glass back holding up to scratches

I have the space grey and the back of my phone is scratch free. I use a case when out and about but go naked at home and the office (phone, not me).

I have not used a screen protector in years. Just don’t like them. I have not had any noticeable scratches on a phone in years. I already have a couple on this 8 Plus screen though. I baby all of my phones so it’s very frustrating. No idea how those scratches got there. Fortunately, they can’t be seen when the screen is on, but they definitely can when it’s off. When or if I ever sell the phone I will go spend the cash on a screen replacement. Glad I got AppleCare this time around.

soulenigma

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

Usually case free when home or at work but definitely have a bumper on when at the gym.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

Case and screen protector. Want to protect my investment. Love this phone

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members