Can't turn off iPhone 7 shutter sound

tsbrw

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So basically I purchased a refurbished iPhone 7 and I can't turn off the shutter sound. Putting it into mute mode does not help, the iPhone itself does go into mute but not the shutter sound. Also I bought it on [redacted] so I doubt that I got an Asian iPhone (I heard with those you can't turn off the shutter sound).
Does anyone have an idea how I can turn it off or is there any way to check the origin of my iPhone? Other than the shutter sound there doesn't seem to be any problem with the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The mute switch should mute the shutter sound of the default Camera. If it is not, I recommend you take it to the nearest Apple Store to have them troubleshoot it for you.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So basically I purchased a refurbished iPhone 7 and I can't turn off the shutter sound. Putting it into mute mode does not help, the iPhone itself does go into mute but not the shutter sound. Also I bought it on [redacted] so I doubt that I got an Asian iPhone (I heard with those you can't turn off the shutter sound).
Does anyone have an idea how I can turn it off or is there any way to check the origin of my iPhone? Other than the shutter sound there doesn't seem to be any problem with the phone.

Unless you’re from Japan and some other specific countries, the shutter gets silenced with the mute switch.
Like my colleague suggested, you should contact https://support.apple.com about this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2