why buy otterbox defender ?

yang sunny

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
I want to buy the phone case for my iphone 7.My best friends told me buy otterbox case,but I think it's too expensive for worker.So I want to know why did you buy otterbox defender ? work,outdoor sports or drop the phone frequently ?:)

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I used to buy Otterbox, but the Defender is huge and I hate the built-in screen protector. Now I use Rhinoshield when I need good drop protection.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say because the Otterbox Defender is a case well designed for individuals who work hard, play hard and want to maintain the device looks with minimal damage. Maybe the reason your best friends told you to buy an Otterbox Defender is because there around you and see how hard you are on your iPhone and just want you to be able to protect it. Good Luck with your decision.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Which version of Rhinoshield do you use?

Currently I’m using the CrashGuard with front and back Impact Protection protectors, but I also have a PlayProof and SolidSuit. The brushed aluminum SolidSuit has the best grip of any Rhinoshield I’ve used. The PlayProof is just really slick, I use a PopSocket with mine.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Currently I’m using the CrashGuard with front and back Impact Protection protectors, but I also have a PlayProof and SolidSuit. The brushed aluminum SolidSuit has the best grip of any Rhinoshield I’ve used. The PlayProof is just really slick, I use a PopSocket with mine.

Which of them is the lightest? I got an otterbox symmetry which is light, but the capacitive buttons are just too hard to press and the case is kinda slippy.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Which of them is the lightest? I got an otterbox symmetry which is light, but the capacitive buttons are just too hard to press and the case is kinda slippy.

All of them, they are all lighter than the symmetry. The PlayProof and SolidSuit are going to be easier on the button pressing. Overall the CrashGuard is the lightest because it’s a bumper, and on the 7 Plus it sits just a little loose on the sides so the button presses are a little deeper.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I used to buy Otterbox, but the Defender is huge and I hate the built-in screen protector. Now I use Rhinoshield when I need good drop protection.

Rhinoshield offers protection in the form factor of a normal case without the added bulk or cover up. It's the brand I go to if I ever need good protection

Have you tried the carbon fiber version of the Solid Suit?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Rhinoshield offers protection in the form factor of a normal case without the added bulk or cover up. It's the brand I go to if I ever need good protection

Have you tried the carbon fiber version of the Solid Suit?

I have one yes, I find the carbon fiber to be better than the PlayProof but still much more slippery than the brushed aluminum.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy the phone case for my iphone 7.My best friends told me buy otterbox case,but I think it's too expensive for worker.So I want to know why did you buy otterbox defender ? work,outdoor sports or drop the phone frequently ?:)

Getting back on topic, The Otterbox Defender is a very good case for longevity as well. Have you tried Amazon for pricing, some of the many colors are less than half price.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I had a Defender for my HTC One M7. I liked it. The problem I had with the Defender for iPhone Plus was the stupid cut out in the back. I was in an LGS and they had the Magpul cases on sale, so I got one to replace the crappy (brand escapes me) case I was using. It offers decent protection, fits good in the hand, is one piece, and was $16.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had a Defender for every phone I’ve had except my 7 Plus. They use a stronger glue on the screen protector so it’s harder to remove completely. I have a heat gun now so I should be relatively easy to remove it completely, but the size of it has been hard for me to deal with in the last couple years.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Otterbox Commuter with my 6s Plus. No protective screen. It's been almost 2 years. Dropped it once face down on a tiled concrete floor. No damage. No scratches on the screen. Got the Commuter for $28 on Amazon.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I use the OtterBox Defender. I removed the funky plastic screen protector. I slapped a tempered glass screen protector on my phone. My phone is bulletproof now. The OtterBox Commuter case is quite good too.

SVP

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It’s one of the best forms of protection for our phones. That said, I don’t use one anymore because of the defender’s bulkiness. My husband still does and is not thrilled that I don’t.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I use one on my ip8 right now and used the otter box on my Galaxy s8 as well. They are bulky but that is a trade off I can live with. I have dropped them several times and the phone is still in perfect shape. I use the included holster at work but It isn’t as secure as I’d like. Fortunately when it does fall out the phone is still good due to the extreme protection of the otter box. I have a slimmer clear otter box case I used on my ip8 but don’t really like it anymore, so I am back with the defender.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I stopped using these because the plastic shell always seem to cause more damage to my phone than anything. They always scratched the bezels.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2