Touch reactivity

Leslie Hatcher

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it is just me but I feel like my screen struggles to react to my taps and touches sometimes. And it is annoying, I don't want to have to smash my fingers on it to get it to react..... I thought I could increase screen sensitivity but I can't find where....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There aren't any screen sensitivity adjustment settings on the iPhone. Having said that, you can try restoring the device or taking it to the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and possibly fix the problem for you.

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it is just me but I feel like my screen struggles to react to my taps and touches sometimes. And it is annoying, I don't want to have to smash my fingers on it to get it to react..... I thought I could increase screen sensitivity but I can't find where....

I have noticed this as well. And sadly the only "fix" I have found after some trouble shooting is to turn off 3D touch.... the screen seems to response much better to taps and swipes with it off. You lose some features however with 3D touch off.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

You don't mention which iPhone you have and what iOS version? If you're on a 6S or 7 and you get this, it could be a phone issue / hardware. Do you have a heavy screen protector on the phone? Have you done a hard reset?