Faulty iPhone?

Mason Sell

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Recently picked up an iPhone 7 on T-Mobile and have been downright awful service. Not no service, but I will get 1 bar in areas I used to get 3-5 bars at with my previous android devices. Incredibly frustrating. Anyone else in the same boat? Have tried doing a network reset, pulling the sim card, and resetting the sim at T-Mobile and no luck. I don't have symptoms of the problems older iPhone's are having on T-Mobile though...

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Recently picked up an iPhone 7 on T-Mobile and have been downright awful service. Not no service, but I will get 1 bar in areas I used to get 3-5 bars at with my previous android devices. Incredibly frustrating. Anyone else in the same boat? Have tried doing a network reset, pulling the sim card, and resetting the sim at T-Mobile and no luck. I don't have symptoms of the problems older iPhone's are having on T-Mobile though...

My phone has this problem and more, but on AT&T. I just posted my "iPhone's Journey" Apple has sent me a new one FedEx overnight. They want mine back to diagnose.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Wonder if Apple could replace it tonight or tomorrow....

I don't know. Mine has been through many remote diagnostics for Apple to decide it's a bad phone. I would assume you would need to do the same for Apple to replace it. If it's a carrier purchased phone, see the carrier store, and maybe they will do something if there is a bad phone or antenna?

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
bunch of us on macrumors are experiencing this. T-mobile apparently offered a fix with carrier settings 25.2. the rest of us on Verizon are hurting pretty bad. its software, don't bother replacing the phones. we see no service or the phone won't connect to LTE at all in spots.

Apple Investigating iPhone 7 Bug Causing 'No Service' After Turning Off Airplane Mode - Mac Rumors
T-Mobile warns iPhone 6, 6 Plus, and SE customers not to install iOS 10 - The Verge
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-32583

Mason Sell

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
bunch of us on macrumors are experiencing this. T-mobile apparently offered a fix with carrier settings 25.2. the rest of us on Verizon are hurting pretty bad. its software, don't bother replacing the phones. we see no service or the phone won't connect to LTE at all in spots.

Apple Investigating iPhone 7 Bug Causing 'No Service' After Turning Off Airplane Mode - Mac Rumors
T-Mobile warns iPhone 6, 6 Plus, and SE customers not to install iOS 10 - The Verge
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-32583

I've been on iOS 10.0.1 and still have issues sadly. Also I am able to connect and stay on LTE, it's just that the service has been pitiful in an area with fantastic coverage

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77