iTunes and iPhone - alternatives?

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I tried moving from Android to a 6s a year ago but returned the phone less than a week later. The phone itself was nice and I liked most things about it - except for iTunes. I despise iTunes and refuse to deal with it. I have a huge collection if music and keep about 3500 different pieces of music on my phone at all times. iTunes made a mess of it. With Android I put the music into folders the way I want it. iTunes does what it wants with it and removes my control over how and where I want it.

Is there to way load my.music where and how I want to and bypass iTunes altogether? Is so, the iPhone will be an option again. If not, there is no chance of trying out the iPhone again.

Last edited:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I use VLC player. It works with all sorts of video and audio. I put my music and videos on a hard drive that I have on my Wi-Fi network and download all my content to VLC and play it or stream it there. The music and video is available to any device on my network, Android or iOS.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iTunes does actually not what it wants with it.
It sorts music in artist, album, title.
You can still keep Music the way you sorted it, but instead of doing this in folders you could create playlists.