Switched from 6 to 7 here, i like that they removed the headphone jack. When there are headphones in your phone the lightning connector cant get dirty. (Barely) , and the heasphone jack is ugly af to look at. The new (fake) 2 speaker design looks epic
    It definitely looks better
    11-18-2016 07:51 AM
    Ya, I'm fine with plugging through the lightning port as I don't use my headset while charging.
    11-21-2016 05:56 AM
    After the Apple announcement i see a lot of people are not ok with this change, and some even completely hate it. I'm wondering are there people out there OK with the change and don't mind the fact that there is no audio jack? or maybe you are happy about this change.

I for one don't mind it, i actually don't listen much with my headphones so i'm ok and can't wait to get a new iPhone.
    I'm fine with it. Been using the jay bird x2 when I had my 6s+
    11-26-2016 08:31 AM
    I ended up buying Bluetooth headphones. I suppose Apple "failed", in my case, as I didn't buy either Apple or Beats headphones.

I bought some Bose QuietComfort headphones and am very happy with them.
    Mr.Willie and nikkisharif like this.
    11-26-2016 01:44 PM
    I'm happy with the bundled ones so it really won't bother me. Those of you with a favourite pair of 3.5's can't have taken the news lightly though. Very bold move by Apple.
    11-26-2016 05:00 PM
    I ended up getting the jay bird freedoms. I'll post photos of my x2 and freedoms tomorrow.

Update: returning the jay bird freedoms and waiting for the beat x
    Last edited by alphatectz; 11-28-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-26-2016 07:10 PM
    i think that a lot of people don't like for the fact that they have to buy earpods which are really expensive but personally i think that it's a hassle to bring the adapter and if not, you can't listen music.
    11-28-2016 01:30 AM
    I'm happy with the bundled ones so it really won't bother me. Those of you with a favourite pair of 3.5's can't have taken the news lightly though. Very bold move by Apple.
    I can still use my wired headphones just fine.
    11-28-2016 07:33 AM
    Apple will NEVER go back in their decision.

Why? Because anything that uses the Lighting connector pays expenses to Apple, seeing as this has been Stamped and patented.

You would be asking Apple to either give away a money making machine and throw away money that's been thrown into research and development to backtrack and serve the public. Since when has Apple ever backtracked anyway?

The way Apple see it? They have offered you the dongle and a solution. That's the way it is now.
    11-29-2016 01:29 AM
    I was with family this weekend and we all got in the car for a mini-road trip. I'm usually the music person and so when we got in the car my sister handed me her Aux cord and said, "Find us something to listen to". I grabbed the cord and went to plug it in...then I remembered...I can't.

For the most part I don't miss the headphone jack. I've adjusted and changed my usage patterns. But in situations like these...I definitely miss the option. I don't carry around my adaptor everywhere I go. Once things evolve and I'm able to connect my phone to other devices in an easier way, all will be great. But there are still some minor annoyances with the lack of a headphone jack.

Oh...and I haven't touched my JBL headphones in weeks because I can't find my adaptor...
    11-29-2016 03:45 PM
    i am pretty ok with that and i like the way apple never settles for less and moves technology forward unlike other companies which puts too many non useful features in their phones...
    11-30-2016 01:58 PM
    #1 - BT works for me on a flight.
    What kind of plane was it? I have never seen a plane with an in flight entertainment system that supports Bluetooth.

#2 - *Adapters (not Adaptors)... just keep them attached to the device. It's not that big an effort.
    Which device? I'm not keeping an adaptor connected to my phone. That would be stupid and it would get lost. I'm not keeping an adaptor connected to my headphones because I will have to remove it when using devices other than an iPhone and it will get lost.
    07-10-2017 02:48 PM
    Yep I use BT on my bike ride to work and having an adapter for car use is no issue.
    anony_mouse likes this.
    07-12-2017 11:28 AM
    Yep I use BT on my bike ride to work and having an adapter for car use is no issue.
    Good for you, but it doesn't address my usage unfortunately.
    jr866gooner likes this.
    07-12-2017 02:25 PM
    I am fine with no audio jack. Have been using bluetooth exclusively for a while now. Between that and CarPlay it covers all my needs.
    07-17-2017 12:31 PM
    Good for you, but it doesn't address my usage unfortunately.
    Lol the thread asked the question and I answered
    07-17-2017 02:04 PM
    Don't call me Jack.
    07-19-2017 12:40 PM
    So far I've had no issues. The AirPods fills in the gap for me.
    07-29-2017 01:45 AM
318 ... 111213