Iphone 7Plus Telephoto camera still show image even after I cover the lens? Is the lens not working?

eangor

May 19, 2018
Visit site
I am not sure if everyone else has the same issue the same as me. After I activate the telephoto camera by clicking on 1x to 2x, then I tried to use my finger to cover the telephoto camera's lens, but the image is still showing, so the phone is still using the regular camera lens. However, I still can still zoom up to 10x though. Does everyone else have the same issue? If so, is the telephoto camera's lens just a fake lens? I am curious.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Here's an article that explains it in more detail, but basically there are so many variables at play with when the chip decides which lens would take a better photo, both lenses are available at the 2X. Lighting being the biggest.
https://www.macworld.com/article/31...d-of-optical-more-often-than-youd-expect.html

This is why having OIS and the aperture being able to take in more light on the 2nd lens of the X matters. The 2nd lens is available more for a truish optical zoom instead of relying on digital from the main lens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2