Iphone 7 plus keeps getting a black screen with a loading circle on it.

demon_pc

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a question for everyone. I have the IPhone 7 plus on T-Mobile and I am loving the phone. The problem I am having will happen frequently and then the polar opposite. What will happen is when I am in pandora, Pokémon go, YouTube, and other apps. I will be using them, and of all of a sudden I will get a black screen with the loading symbol apple uses. I have replaced the phone once already. Hasn't fixed the problem. Has anyone else been dealing with this? Thank you in advance for all the help.

demon_pc

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Make an appt with the genius bar at the Apple Store. Your phone needs to be checked out

I agree. I'm planning to do that today. But I have already been there once and they decided a new phone was the best option for this problem. But I will go back and let them know it's still happening. This problem has me baffled. Haha

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
How long have you had your phone? Under warranty? Do you have ins on it with your carrier? I have never been without ins and the moment I would cancel, I think something would happen. It is like anything these days. I don't feel it is wasted money because having to fork out full retail if something were to happen is a cost I don't want to pay nor can afford.

Good luck and let us know what happens. I would get a new phone if you can. Maybe you are good for an upgrade with your carrier.

demon_pc

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
How long have you had your phone? Under warranty? Do you have ins on it with your carrier? I have never been without ins and the moment I would cancel, I think something would happen. It is like anything these days. I don't feel it is wasted money because having to fork out full retail if something were to happen is a cost I don't want to pay nor can afford.

Good luck and let us know what happens. I would get a new phone if you can. Maybe you are good for an upgrade with your carrier.

Sorry for the late response. So an update to what's going on. I went to two different Apple stores and both do not know what's going on. Every time they run the tests and everything, it comes back good. At both stores they asked if I wanted to try a new phone again. And I said no. So I told them I will just keep the phone and let them know when it happens and what the phone is doing at the moment. I will say this about my experience. They were the most professional and nicest people I have talked to for problems with anything. And this goes for every Apple Store I have gone to.

And to answer your question Jude526. The first 7 plus I bought was back in November. The second iPhone was about a month ago. I do not have insurance from T-Mobile. I do have Apple care and love it. I do feel the same way on not having insurance. I also feel like once I take the insurance off or someone else does, than something is going to happen lol. I also agree with the last portion of the paragraph as well.

I am able to upgrade but don't know what to upgrade to. I have been looking at the s8+. But I also love the note line as well. So I might wait and see what happens with the note 8.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am glad I switched to Apple. Not considering Android or Samsung
The fiasco I had to deal with was like a bad relationship. Lol. DONE

Is your phone working to its full capabilities? If not I would take the offer to get into another phone but only if no out of pocket. Sounds like a defective device. I couldn't deal with a flawed phone. I need it to be fully functioning at all times. I have to use for work as well.

demon_pc

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I am glad I switched to Apple. Not considering Android or Samsung
The fiasco I had to deal with was like a bad relationship. Lol. DONE

Is your phone working to its full capabilities? If not I would take the offer to get into another phone but only if no out of pocket. Sounds like a defective device. I couldn't deal with a flawed phone. I need it to be fully functioning at all times. I have to use for work as well.

Same here. I ran all android until the note 7 fiasco. Lol. Went through to note 7's. After that it was like nope, I'm trying Apple. And have liked it ever since.

There telling the phone is run at its fullest capabilities. The black screen/ restart doesn't happen when I'm calling someone or texting. When I'm emailing people it doesn't do it. And by restart I mean the phone will do the black screen, then the loading symbol, then it will ask me to put in my password like it restarted. This only happens on pandora, YouTube, and apps that are not on the phone when you get it.

I would love to get a new phone, but I'm moving from Minnesota to Washington state in November and I can't spare paying extra on my bill. Lol.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Have you considered uninstalling those apps and then reinstalling them?
I have found in the past if an app is a problem, doing this usually solves it

Soreloser

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
The black screen/ restart doesn't happen when I'm calling someone or texting. When I'm emailing people it doesn't do it. And by restart I mean the phone will do the black screen, then the loading symbol, then it will ask me to put in my password like it restarted. This only happens on pandora, YouTube, and apps that are not on the phone when you get it.

I have never seen my phone do this yet there have been a number of times that I have had to enter my unlock PIN to enable the fingerprint unlock that I normally use. It acts like it rebooted. Seems to happen when it is sitting on my nightstand on the charger overnight, since when I pick it up in the morning and touch the button to unlock it via fingerprint the number pad comes up and it says that my unlock code must be entered to start the fingerprint stuff.

I don't have Pandora or the YouTube app.

demon_pc

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
If you've had 2 different phones do this, then it's probably not the phones. Does it happen everywhere, or just at home?

It does happen everywhere. It's happened at home, work, malls, parks. But the thing is it does happen very frequently tho. It's just random.

demon_pc

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I have never seen my phone do this yet there have been a number of times that I have had to enter my unlock PIN to enable the fingerprint unlock that I normally use. It acts like it rebooted. Seems to happen when it is sitting on my nightstand on the charger overnight, since when I pick it up in the morning and touch the button to unlock it via fingerprint the number pad comes up and it says that my unlock code must be entered to start the fingerprint stuff.

I don't have Pandora or the YouTube app.

Yea I would say this is a weird one. Lol.

demon_pc

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
You're just having kernel panics. Albeit not common they happen, just reinstall ios and set up as new. There is really no fix for it.

I will google what kernel panics are but can you also explain what that is. I actually did the reinstall of the iOS on the first phone and it still did it.

To be honest I am really happy with iOS. This is the only issue I have had with Apple and their iOS. So I am really happy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I will google what kernel panics are but can you also explain what that is. I actually did the reinstall of the iOS on the first phone and it still did it.

To be honest I am really happy with iOS. This is the only issue I have had with Apple and their iOS. So I am really happy.

Are you on the beta? If not, does the camera screen show on either the front or back camera, or is it black on both?
Here's what Apple says:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203040

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711