Music resume after phone call?

raddbj03

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got an iPhone 7 plus. Coming from Note 5. I currently use Google Play Music. How can I get my music to resume playing after I'm done with a phone call? I have music through a headset playing, take a call, and after I hang up there is no music. I have to unlock the phone and restart the music.

Any tips?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't use Google Play Music, but it works with Apple Music. It could be something that Google needs to update in their app. I do have a few other audio apps that it does not work with, so it very well could be that.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I use Google play, and my music always restarts once a phone call has ended. I'd check in settings or look for a FAQ, it does it for me.

AlexMarie15

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I made the same transition. I haven't tried it with Google Music yet, but it works perfectly with Spotify. Even better than it did on my Note 5. The Note 5 would return to music, but only up to a specific time; with the 7+, the time of the phone call doesn't affect the music returning after I hang up. It may just be Google Music, which kind of sucks since I use that app sometimes too, but it seems to be an isolated incident within that app.

raddbj03

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I think you guys are right with Google Play issue. If I have the app open and displayed and then make a phone call, it will resume playing, but only if the phone call is a couple minutes long. For lengthy calls, the music doesn't auto resume. I may have to go back to Spotify...or keep paying for YouTube Red and Spotify. Ugh.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77