Lightning headphones

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got my black iPhone Sunday and noticed that sometimes when I plug my headphones in, sound will still come out of the phone itself. Also, when listening to Spotify or even YouTube videos, when I plug in the headphones, the volume icons pops up and the volume starts turning down. Anyone else experience this problem?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Nah I haven't had this issue. I'd try going to the Apple Store and see if they will replace the headphones. See if the issue persists with a new set.

trentsongs

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Also, be certain you've inserted the lightning connector completely into it's port and that nothing else is pressing against the screen, like a case.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
So my wife has the 7 and she just told me today that she's experiencing the same issue when listening to music.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just got my black iPhone Sunday and noticed that sometimes when I plug my headphones in, sound will still come out of the phone itself. Also, when listening to Spotify or even YouTube videos, when I plug in the headphones, the volume icons pops up and the volume starts turning down. Anyone else experience this problem?

Never heard about this.. maybe the connector is faulty? Its almost amazing to have sound coming out of the internal speakers as well as your headphones! its feature haha ^_^

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I plugged in my headphones for the first time yesterday, and I had the same issue with sound coming out of the phone speakers as well. Unplugged and plugged them back in and it was fine. Haven't had the issue since though. I'm just gonna see if it was a one time thing where maybe I didn't plug them in all the way.

gregtommy

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Apple fixed some bugs with the lightening port connected head phones with a software update. Verify that you and your wife's phone are updated with the latest software. I have been using the lightening connector in our 07 Audi due to no bluetooth but I haven't had any issues with that jack.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I plugged in my headphones for the first time yesterday, and I had the same issue with sound coming out of the phone speakers as well. Unplugged and plugged them back in and it was fine. Haven't had the issue since though. I'm just gonna see if it was a one time thing where maybe I didn't plug them in all the way.

Yeah, my wife's iphone started doing the volume thing the other day while at the gym. Mine has stopped doing this. We both have the newest update too. I'm wondering if it's a way the iPhone calibrates the use of the headphones now that's it's using the lightning port?? Who know. Thankfully it's been working fine so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2