7 Plus Camera or 3rd Party Camera App?

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Are the stock camera app better than 3rd Party?

I think that 3rd Party app allow changing the Len as well as further enhancing the camera effect.

What do ya think?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I prefer 3rd party camera apps. I use Camera+, ProCamera and Pro HDR X. All three apps allows for more manual use of the camera.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the options and features of the 3rd party cameras. I use Camera+, ProCamera +HDR, ProShot, and ProCam 4. My favorite and the one I use as my default camera is ProCamera +HDR. I only use the stock camera for live photos.

neoanomaly6

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yep, ProCam 4, best camera app of all time. It offers all kinds of "Pro" Features, and you can really take your video and photo game to the next level. The 4K Max is insane, especialy with the 12MP sensor. If youhave five bucks to spend you cant go wrong with this app. Check out my video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTdm9-Djcpc

Last edited:

semperidem

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I've always found that the stock camera app is great for point and shoot, which is what I use my camera for. I'm glad to see that there are options for those who want more control, but I prefer not to complicate my experience.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Seems like many of the features you have to unlock with In app purchases. Is that the case?

Yes, for the HDR and some/all of the lowlight stuff. Also note that they're revamping the HDR plugin so it's not even available at the moment for iPhone 7/7+. I mostly use it for when I want manual control (which camera, etc.) and really nice HDR effects. If I just want something quick I'll use the stock app though.