Question about Verizon IPhone.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My buddy has a spare line on his Verizon account that is free, he told me I could use the line to buy a Verizon iPhone 7Plus because the one I want is available to ship today.

However, I want to use the phone on my att account. Are Verizon iPhones only unlocked when paid in full?

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Verizon requires you to activate a line to buy a phone. The device is unlocked so in theory your friend can activate the line, you buy the phone then after a month he can cancel the line. Not sure if there are any financial penalties for such.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The line will stay active as it's a free line on his account. So it's already associated with a phone. I'm just going to use the upgrade and pay him.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It will work. I'm using a Verizon 7 on AT&T. As previous poster stated, your friend may need to activate the phone for you since it's on one of his lines, but that's very simple and once that's done, you can put your sim in and off you go.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
IIRC, there may be some issues as far as taking full advantage of all the bands T-Mo has to offer on their network. Maybe someone can emphasis a bit more on this.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the info everyone. I'm not yo worried about use on T-Mobile as ATT is my carrier right now.

I went ahead and ordered 256gb matte black this morning. It's already shipped and will be here tomorrow.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
IIRC, there may be some issues as far as taking full advantage of all the bands T-Mo has to offer on their network. Maybe someone can emphasis a bit more on this.

There is no issue using the Verizon 7 Plus on T-Mobile (or AT&T). The Verizon/Sprint model of the 7 Plus has all the bands that the T-Mobile version does, it just adds the CDMA radio/bands, as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2