Anyone thinking about returning their 7 Plus?

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I may get reamed over the coals for this (lol) but after having my 7 Plus for about 4 -5 days, I'm thinking about returning it and going back to my 6s Plus for another year. I don't have any complaints about the 7 Plus, just finding out that the 6s Plus works just as good, (after upgrading to iOS 10) as the 7 Plus, so just return the 7 Plus and use it for another year. Also I would have a cheaper cell phone bill since I own the 6s Plus....just some thoughts? Thanks!

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I may get reamed over the coals for this (lol) but after having my 7 Plus for about 4 -5 days, I'm thinking about returning it and going back to my 6s Plus for another year. I don't have any complaints about the 7 Plus, just finding out that the 6s Plus works just as good, (after upgrading to iOS 10) as the 7 Plus, so just return the 7 Plus and use it for another year. Also I would have a cheaper cell phone bill since I own the 6s Plus....just some thoughts? Thanks!

Mind as well, there both the same ole phones. With the 7 you get the new black colors and less features.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I know several people who plan on keeping their 6s Plus because it works about the same as the 7 Plus. I know someone with both and does say the 7 Plus is quicker though. If you can save money why not. Stick with the 6s Plus and wait for the anniversary next year. See what  produces for a phone at that time. But if the additional cost is not an issue and you must have the 7 Plus, keep it. Sell off your 6s Plus to help offset the cost.

In the end only you can decide what is best for you though. Good luck with whatever decision you decide on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

There's nothing wrong with that and nothing to get takes over the coals for. Like I said in another thread, my iPhone 6S Plus is the best iPhone I've ever had, and that's probably the primary reason I'm not in a rush to get the 7 Plus, although I'll get one soon.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I would be interested to see a real cost analysis when you consider a phone is worth more when it is one year old than it is when it is two years old. No doubt replacing your device every year is more expensive, but I would be interested to know how much more expensive.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
No way: I've endured the preorder stampede, survived the shipping debacle without murdering anyone, managed to set up my phone without a single glitch, I'M FREAKING KEEPING IT!!!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I used my wife's 7 last night since hers arrived before my Plus. I will admit, I see almost no improvements using her 7 compared to my 6S. And after using it for a bit last night, had that have been the phone I selected I would probably return it as soon as I receive it. But I went with the Plus and I'm sure I'll enjoy the changes enough to justify keeping it.

But to anyone who is going from 6S to 7 or from 6S+ to 7+...You've got to really want to be on the cutting edge to justify it, imo. Apple didn't add enough to convince the 6S(+) users to switch from what they've got. I've been eyeing the Plus for a while, this just made the change easy for me.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If I had an 'S' variant I might have kept my 6 but I really want to upgrade to a larger screen and this upgrade is costing me nothing, so i'm going to do it.

If it had cost me a ton of money I would have stayed with my 6 until next year but I can upgrade then too by handing in my 7 plus and swapping it, like for like, with the 2017 iPhone.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm with you. I'm keeping my 6s+ for one more year since it's paid for. I am lucky enough to have both the regular and plus versions of the phone, because I can't make up my mind which one to carry so I switch between the two. So with the Verizon promo I turned in my mom's paid for 6 to get a free 7. I gave her my 6s and took the 7. It's basically the same as the 6s except the home button is a little different and I don't miss the headphone jack since I use bluetooth in my car and headphones. No point in having paying the extra monthly bill when the phones are so similar.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm not just for the speakers alone. I use speakerphone for music and calls ALOT.

This. Those speakers though...cannot stress enough how much better they sound. I also kind of need the IP67 rating with kiddos who like to put things in water or splash me when I am not expecting. Also the color of the black is pretty nice. Can't complain. My wife is keeping her 6S Plus though, she doesn't see a need to upgrade as of now.

koko359

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I think it depends on whether someone does device payments or purchases outright. On device payments if someone plans to upgrade at least once every 2 years, it is pointless not to upgrade because you are paying for it either way. Purchased outright makes sense to stick with the 6s unless the additional water resistance is a must have, but still there is no warranty for it so what is it really worth. The 6s was already proven to be water resistant to some degree.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep mine is not going anywhere. I love having the newest device and this one along with iOS 10 feels like a upgrade from my 6 s plus. I know many of you are sticking with your 6s and that's perfectly fine. Everyone sees things different. It for me the 7 plus is fantastic. And the fact that I finally have 256 gb is great for me.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I think it depends on whether someone does device payments or purchases outright. On device payments if someone plans to upgrade at least once every 2 years, it is pointless not to upgrade because you are paying for it either way.

This exactly. The moment the 7 was announced, the 6s dropped in value. If you are making payments already, why finish out the payment plan on a phone that has lost value?

St3ib

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading because of Verizon trade in in. They are giving a $650 credit so the 7+128 gig is only costing me nine dollars a month Almost silly not to do that

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep mine is not going anywhere. I love having the newest device and this one along with iOS 10 feels like a upgrade from my 6 s plus. I know many of you are sticking with your 6s and that's perfectly fine. Everyone sees things different. It for me the 7 plus is fantastic. And the fact that I finally have 256 gb is great for me.

That 256GB is what did it for me. As much as I fly, I hate doing so. Now I've got 3 full seasons of The Walking Dead for my trip across the pond next year.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
But if the additional cost is not an issue and you must have the 7 Plus, keep it. Sell off your 6s Plus to help offset the cost.

This. You can likely offset 60% or so of the cost of the 7+ if you take a bit of time and sell the 6S+ on your own on Swappa or eBay rather than through Gazelle or some other trade-in service.

As for me, it is unlikely that I will return mine (should receive it on Monday/Tuesday of next week) because I'm looking forward to the dual lens camera and additional RAM (3 GB vs 2 GB), plus perhaps a bit of extra juice. Not saying that cost isn't an issue, but to me the upgrade is worth it and I'll refrain from Starbuck's a couple of times a month to make up the cost.