iPhone sim lock, what do I do ?

Emeka Agwaraonye

May 11, 2018
Visit site
My new iPhone e say invalid sim although it brings out network when am trying to boot...I discovered it has a sim lock, bit unfortunately I do t know the sim carrier of the phone and how to to unlock the sim, pls I need help

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: I phone sim lock,what do I do ?

Greetings, @Emeka Agwaraonye. Welcome to iMore.

So let me make sure I understand this. You have a new iPhone but you don't know what carrier it's on? Unfortunately you're not going to be able to unlock the sim unless you (1) contact the carrier and (2) prove you are the owner of the device.

Hope this helps.

Emeka Agwaraonye

May 11, 2018
Visit site

the iPhone was gifted to me by someone, unfortunately he doesn't seem to know the carrier or the owner because originally the iPhone was forgotten in his car by a passenger about a year ago..so is there no way I can get the carrier and unlock it ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I phone sim lock,what do I do ?

the iPhone was gifted to me by someone, unfortunately he doesn't seem to know the carrier or the owner because originally the iPhone was forgotten in his car by a passenger about a year ago..so is there no way I can get the carrier and unlock it ?

No sir. Although you’re in possession of it, the phone is not technically yours, but belongs to someone else. The original owner clearly took steps to prevent someone from using his or her device in case it was lost or stolen.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Do pls what do u suggest I do now ?

Find the rightful owner and return it to him, otherwise give it to the police so they can track the rightful owner.

You are by no means owner nor rightful owner, thus we will not and are not able to help you get access to the phone.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Find the rightful owner and return it to him, otherwise give it to the police so they can track the rightful owner.

You are by no means owner nor rightful owner, thus we will not and are not able to help you get access to the phone.

Here's a little trick you can use. From the passcode screen, click on Emergency, and IF you see * Medical ID on the lower left of the screen click on it. That SHOULD show the Owners name, AND if you scroll down you'll see the Emergency Contacts section with phone numbers, probably the person's spouse or parents (or an adult offspring). Call one of those people and say "I found so and so's phone and you are listed as his emergency contact. I want to try to get his phone back to him"

Emeka Agwaraonye

May 11, 2018
Visit site

I really appreciate all ur honest suggestions, right now I already flashed d device so I can't view d pass code. But it has sim lock..and I just discovered d carrier is from Ireland..I stay in Africa..d owner probably might ve left go of the device,she lost years back..if returning is d vest,pls help me how ???

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I really appreciate all ur honest suggestions, right now I already flashed d device so I can't view d pass code. But it has sim lock..and I just discovered d carrier is from Ireland..I stay in Africa..d owner probably might ve left go of the device,she lost years back..if returning is d vest,pls help me how ???

There isn't anything you (or anyone here) can do.

You need to obtain a legal device.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2