Staying put...for now.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
For the first time in my almost-ten-year iPhone history, I am not impressed enough with the latest iPhone iteration (iPhone 7/7+) to make me rush down to my carrier store & upgrade from my year-old iPhone 6s. It almost bums me out, and I've talked myself into & out of making the swap ever since the 7 was announced. I've upgraded the 6s to iOS10 and it's working great...even having attained acceptable battery life after a few days of the OS "settling". With the new OS, it's almost like a new phone...a new adventure.

So...does anybody else here echo my viewpoint? Are you officially still on the fence regarding upgrading to the 7/7+...or gave you flat decided to wait until next years offering to give up your 6s?

Last edited:

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Staying put.

Definitely not getting it.

To me, the latest =/= greatest.
My 6s is still pristine and working perfectly. So I can't justify the 7, nor do I need to get it "only to have it".

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I do all that I can to go a minimum of two years between phones, so I'm obviously not getting a 7. I'm hoping for another 18 months on the 6s and I'll get whatever comes out next year six months or so after it comes out - no lines, no waiting for the color I want, etc.

chubutnet

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site

I have the 6s and to be honest I would wait till 7s to start thinking in change mine. So yes I agree to your point of view

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

I have the 6s and to be honest I would wait till 7s to start thinking in change mine. So yes I agree to your point of view

If my deductions are correct...and since Apple is busy breaking old, predictable patterns with Tim Cook at the helm, I doubt there will be an "s" version of the iPhone 7 for 2017. I believe those who are predicting that Apple will celebrate the 10th Anniversaty of the iPhone with a dramatic new hardware design & many feature improvements (such as a 5"-plus screen with no bezels & a virtual home button) are correct. Whether it'll be called "iPhone 8", "iPhone Pro", or something else is yet to be known...but I'll wait for that one, or the "s" iteration of it.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm staying put with my 6s as well. I was even thinking earlier that maybe I'll skip next year's version and hang onto it for yet another year. We'll see.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I'm sticking with my 6S Plus because it works perfectly fine and my finances won't allow me to upgrade

I will be upgrading next year though!

jenmeow78

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I wish I had not upgraded. Not because I don't like the phone. Just because the 6s was my first ever new iPhone and I love it. But it honestly makes no sense to return the 7 now. I do wish I'd gotten silver again though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm also staying with my 6s Plus for now. I do like certain things about the 7/7 Plus, especially the Jet Black color, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make me upgrade.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm staying put as well. I have a 64 GB 6S and it is in great working order.

Now my wife on the other hand... I got her a 7+. She came from a 5S and was overdue for an upgrade. But I can say that we are not missing much for those of us 6S owners who are "holding out".

Last edited:

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Honestly I upgraded just because I could .. I'm on the upgrade program so literally all It really costed me was tax

I'm where you are, and would only upgrade to the 7 for the reason you did...because I could. I'm at the halfway point on my current 6s, and I'll either be making payments on it for another year, or on a new 7.

Meh...we'll see. Tax money is still tax money.

But, hope you're happy with your new phone nonetheless! :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm where you are, and would only upgrade to the 7 for the reason you did...because I could. I'm at the halfway point on my current 6s, and I'll either be making payments on it for another year, or on a new 7.

Meh...we'll see. Tax money is still tax money.

But, hope you're happy with your new phone nonetheless! :)

Should be delivered today so i shall see

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I jumped and upgraded to the 256 gloss black. I'm sending it back. Not worth the upgrade to me . Felt like my 3gs (finger print magnet) and I didn't like the new home button. Sticking with my 6s until the 2017 version is released.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Sold my 6+ awhile back(size was bugging me) and thought I'd get the 7. After reading about the call drops and connection issues so many were having it really put me off. Not to mention the price. So picked up a pristine 6s for a heck of a lot less. The build of the 7 felt kind of cheap and plasticky to me also. The 6s is solid. Will wait and see what the 10 year anniversary edition brings next year. Really glad I held off on the 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2