iPhone 6s. Battery was at 40 and it just went dead. What do I do?

I

iMore Question

Iphone 6s. Battery was at 40% and it just went dead

Iphone 6s 64GB. Was using phone when the screen dimmed. No response from any button and then the screen went black. Tried the power button for 30 sec as well as the power/home combo. Nothing. Battery was at 40% before screen went dark. I have left it on the charger for over an hour with no change. Next appointment available at Apple store is Thursday...Please help!!!!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6s. Battery was at 40% and it just went dead

Hi, welcome to iMore.
Open iTunes on your computer or Mac, connect your phone to it and see what happens.

Please join our forum to keep us updated.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Iphone 6s 64GB. Was using phone when the screen dimmed. No response from any button and then the screen went black. Tried the power button for 30 sec as well as the power/home combo. Nothing. Battery was at 40% before screen went dark. I have left it on the charger for over an hour with no change. Next appointment available at Apple store is Thursday...Please help!!!!

If you have an inoperable iPhone, most genius bars will take you in on standby. You just might have to wait a bit but they will help.

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site

Have you tried using iTunes and taking a complete backup. Then resetting the device and then restoring your backup? That could solve the issues but it is likely to have a faulty battery. A Genius Bar would replace it for you.

WeTheNorthRTZ

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
If you can get to the Apple Store when it first opens you can be seen usually pretty quick! Might have to wait an hour or so if its later in the day but regardless they can definitely see you today if youre willing to wait a bit!

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried to hold down the power and home button together? This worked for me . My phone did the same thing

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

I had this issue last week when in Hawaii. I was at 40% and taking tons of pictures. Whenever I would load the camera app up the phone would crash and I would have to do the home and power button combo to reset it. One time that didn't work. I went back to my car and plugged it in and it acted like there was no charge left in the phone. Gave it a few seconds and booted it back up and it was at 40%.

Hasn't done that again but I thought it was weird that you had a similar issue at 40% as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2