When I shake my iPhone 6s, I feel like the mute switch is making a sound and i just bought it. Is this normal?

I

iMore Question

When i shake my iphone 6s i feel like the mute switch is making a sound and i just bought it.

I opened my iphone 6s today and i was checking if it had scratches, as normal people do. I decided to shake it and i could hear a rattling noise near the mute switch. Is this normal?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: When i shake my iphone 6s i feel like the mute switch is making a sound and i just bought it.

Welcome to iMore! Does the silent switch feel loose? If not I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: When i shake my iphone 6s i feel like the mute switch is making a sound and i just bought it.

Why are you shaking your iPhone? That is no way to treat it.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

If shaking the phone the silent switch could become loose.

That's a pretty big stretch, if you ask me. Even if that were true I doubt it would cause any problems with the phone's operations.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

My mute switch rattled a little on my 5s but I never had any issues with it. If it bothers you that much, swap it for a new one.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

So if somebody takes their phone jogging with them, that could make their mute switch become loose? That would be the same as shaking their phone. Come on now.

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

Make an appointment with your nearest Apple Store/Retailer. They will help you figure out what the rattling is, and possibly what caused it.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site

no. it's not normal. apple has a SHAKE to UNDO feature in iMessage so its perfectly normal to shake the phone.
it is Not normal to hear stuff making noise when
completely bad info here ^^

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Are you sure that you weren't just feeling the vibration that happens when you shake to undo?

Settings / General / Accessibility if you want to see if that is turned on.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

I know my note3 the camera lens used to rattle. It may be that.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I know my note3 the camera lens used to rattle. It may be that.

My 6 Plus and 6s Plus camera sensors both made a slight noise as well when I shook the phone.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

My 6 Plus and 6s Plus camera sensors both made a slight noise as well when I shook the phone.

Why do peeps keep shaking their phones? Do not shake the phones and there will not be any problems.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Why do peeps keep shaking their phones? Do not shake the phones and there will not be any problems.

Some android phones you shake to trigger the camera. Maybe people are used to shaking their phones. Haha

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Ok now I know. Appreciate the answer.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Some android phones you shake to trigger the camera. Maybe people are used to shaking their phones. Haha

Usually, on an iPhone you shake to undo.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost