How can I get my contacts to restore on my new phone?

I

iMore Question

I can't get my contacts to restore on my new phone

I did an icloud back up on my new iphone 6s
and hardly any of my contacts transferred.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: I can't get my contacts to restore on my new phone

If you have another Mac/IOS device check and see if all your contacts are still present, if so then proceed to the next step. Then in settings-iCloud turn off contacts select delete them from my iPhone. Wait a minute or so then turn it back on. This should pull down all your contacts if they were all still in iCloud.

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

Is this solved already?, I have the same problem too but i think above's solution is not successful for me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Is this solved already?, I have the same problem too but i think above's solution is not successful for me.

Try the same procedure with your email account. Instead of going to iCloud in Settings, go to Gmail or etc and toggle contacts off, choose "Delete from my iPhone", then toggle contacts back on. The missing contacts may be Google contacts. Or Gmail. Or whatever email account you have.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I did an icloud back up on my new iphone 6s
and hardly any of my contacts transferred.

If the contacts are associated with an email account, simply configure the email account on your new iPhone. Also, I'm assuming you attempted to restore from a backup when you stated "I did an iCloud backup on my new iPhone 6S and hardly any of my contacts transferred".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77