How do I get out of Slide for Emergency screen on iPhone 6s latest OS?

I

iMore Question

how do i get out of Slide for Emergency screen on iPhone 6s latest OS?

After upgrading to the latest iPhone OS, after rebooting the iPhone, slide for emergency comes up. I did typed in my pass code (4 digits) which did not work; and after 3 times my iPhone was disabled for 1 minute; then disable for 5 minutes, then disabled for 15 minutes; now it is disabled for 60 minutes because i tried my pass code and thumb print again to no avail. The unlocked this 'slide for emergency' does not go away. I do not need to call 911. So it is absolutely frustrating. Unable to use the phone except to receive calls.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i get out of Slide for Emergency screen on iPhone 6s latest OS?

Welcome to iMore! You're locked out of your phone. For whatever reason, the passcode you're typing in isn't the passcode your iPhone is looking for. The slide for emergency option comes up to give you the opportunity to make an emergency call if need be. To get back into your phone you'll need to restore through iTunes. Instructions are here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Good luck!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: how do i get out of Slide for Emergency screen on iPhone 6s latest OS?

If this is your phone, the Touch ID should open the phone if you set it up to do so. Has it worked before? Did you toggle it on in Settings to use to open the phone? Regardless of why, it's not working. So if it's your phone, you will have to sync to iTunes in DFU mode. Or recovery mode. This will wipe your data, including photos. Once restored, you will still need your Apple ID and password to set back up. During set up, you can reset your 4 digit passcode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2