Force Touch Messages

remipmc

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed for some reason, when i force touch my messages app the suggestions are gone and it only has the options to compose a new text from the force touch menu pop up. any idea how to get the e=suggestions back?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
HankAZ just posted this in another thread.

I just heard Rene talk about how Apple populates the "who" on the Messages peek. He said that Apple uses an algorithm to determine things like your most recent text participants, your location and even time of day. The example that he used was that you always text your spouse at a specific time, Apple tries to make sure that if you peek on the Messages app at that time, that you spouse is in the list. Similarly, if you tend to text a friend from the local coffee shop in the afternoon, that it tries to make that person available when those factors are back in play.

Sounds like pretty advanced stuff, and brings Arthur C Clark's 3rd law to mind: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I thought I read that with iOS 9 and the 6S (+) that the software was going to remember our most used events or operations and bring them to the "front" for easier and quicker operation of our devices.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read that with iOS 9 and the 6S (+) that the software was going to remember our most used events or operations and bring them to the "front" for easier and quicker operation of our devices.

It does. Siri suggestions on the new spotlight search (swipe all the way to the left on the home screen).

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost