Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I did. I have big hands so handling it wasn't the issue. Couldn't get the damn phone in my pocket comfortably. Also Very heavy. Love the 6S with 128gb of int-storage. Perfect size with plenty of power. Just wish IOS 9.0.2 would get a solid update. Very buggy to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting how many had a 6 Plus, then opted for a 6s for portability, and then couldn't get used to the smaller screen and traded it in for the 6s Plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am probably the most indecisive person here.
I had the 6+ from last year.
Purchased the 6s on launch. After two days, decided on ordering the 6s+. I got the 6s+ after a two week play with the 6s and thought it was just to big to use.
I then decided to stick with the 6s. After giving the 6s+ a fair chance for the last two days. I think I am going to stick with the 6s+.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Purchased the 6s on launch. After two days, decided on ordering the 6s+. I got the 6s+ after a two week play with the 6s and thought it was just to big to use.
I then decided to stick with the 6s. After giving the 6s+ a fair chance for the last two days. I think I am going to stick with the 6s+.

I dont know I am pretty indecisive also. I bought a 6s Plus and returned it. Mine had issues though shutting off on its own and the rotation getting stuck, where as my wife 6s Plus is perfect. Anyway. Instead of getting another one I purchased a Note 5. Well I am already tired of the Note after a week so I ordered a 6s. After having the Note 5, 6s Plus and 6 Plus I will try something smaller. Time will see if I keep the smaller 6s or go back to the Plus.

Im sure I will switch....I have issues lol...

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have totally swapped back to the 6s...I really found the plus just too darn big for me.

Got my iP6s+ yesterday...and I'm already on the fence again. YES it's bigger. YES it's heavier. YES it's more bulky carrying it in the pocket of dress slacks. YES one-handed use is greatly hindered. YES the screen is amazing! YES it's cool.

No...I haven't decided what to do yet.

YES I'm glad I have 13-days left to make up my mind. :)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Went from a 6+ to a regular 6S. After having a note 3 for almost two years I just wanted a more pocket friendly phone.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Went from a 6+ to a regular 6S. After having a note 3 for almost two years I just wanted a more pocket friendly phone.

I went from the iPhone 6s plus to the note 5 to the 6s for the same reason. The plus is a great device. I just prefer the smaller device now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Frenzytom

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Did exactly this and couldn't be happier.

Same here...having super large phones for the last few years (all the Notes and even the uber sized Nexus 6), I am kind of over the large phones phase and happy with the pocket friendly size. Now if the iPhone 7 had a 5 inch screen, it would be super perfect. :)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Same here...having super large phones for the last few years (all the Notes and even the uber sized Nexus 6), I am kind of over the large phones phase and happy with the pocket friendly size. Now if the iPhone 7 had a 5 inch screen, it would be super perfect. :)

Yeah I can see why women don't mind them because they have purses. As a man that wears regular pants (not skinny jeans) the phablet was still annoying.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I can see why women don't mind them because they have purses. As a man that wears regular pants (not skinny jeans) the phablet was still annoying.

No doubt about it, the iPhone 6s+ is noticeably more bulky in the front pocket of my dress slacks & khakis I'm in practically every day In fact, that and the inability to easily use every feature one-handed are my two sticking points. I'm usually not this flaky...

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've owed ALL the Notes except the 5 and every model iPhone made including the 6 and 6+.

Got tired of lugging around a big phone so traded in my Note 4 for the 6s.

If I had it to do again on my most recent phone swap I would get the Note 5, the iPhone Plus is just to big and the huge bezels are just huge.

How come Samsung can make a phone that's smaller with a bigger 5.7" screen and Apple makes a phone that's bigger with a smaller 5.5 screen ???

For right now, my daily driver is the 6s and I am getting used to having a smaller screen size and I really like not lugging around a huge phone, just wish the Plus was not as Plussy.

I'm not regretting not getting the 6s Plus but I am regretting not getting the Note 5.

Cheers
Davyo

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I've owed ALL the Notes except the 5 and every model iPhone made including the 6 and 6+.

Got tired of lugging around a big phone so traded in my Note 4 for the 6s.

If I had it to do again on my most recent phone swap I would get the Note 5, the iPhone Plus is just to big and the huge bezels are just huge.

How come Samsung can make a phone that's smaller with a bigger 5.7" screen and Apple makes a phone that's bigger with a smaller 5.5 screen ???

For right now, my daily driver is the 6s and I am getting used to having a smaller screen size and I really like not lugging around a huge phone, just wish the Plus was not as Plussy.

I'm not regretting not getting the 6s Plus but I am regretting not getting the Note 5.

Cheers
Davyo

Coming from a note I had the same thoughts. The lighter bigger screen smaller footprint of the note had me thinking a lot. My ultimate decision came down to Apple vs Samsung. Samsung and the memory management stuff just had me aggravated. After the lollipop update I was clearing ram from my note 3 about 5 times a day. I did countless wipes and reloads and never solved the issues. I just remembered how Apple was on memory and app management so I thought that I would give it a shot again.

There are many many things I miss about android but the core functions of a phone Apple does better. Plus I've had better luck with Siri than I ever had with svoice.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You'll see from this thread that I've wavered back and forth between the portability of the 6S and the just bad@$$ nature of the specs and battery life on the 6S+. So, I've just returned the 6S+ I got for a 6S. Here's why (from another thread on these forums):

3D Touch stuttered on the 6S+ on 9.0.x, and on 9.1 stutters and lags so much it hurts the eyes. The frame rate drops and it's so noticeable, whereas the 6S is silky smooth. Go the Apple Store and play around with both and you'll see it. Reducing transparency fixes the problem, but makes the UI look fugly (imho). My wife's 6S+ is the same way, and everyone 6S+ I've seen at the Apple Store or a carrier store has the lag but the 6S does not.

I tried everything under the sun on this - let it sit for a few days for "indexing"; restore to and reinstall the backup; erase all settings and restore as new; do a completely clean install and put apps back on one-by-one; clean install with no apps whatsoever. No dice, the lag and stutter when using 3D Touch is still there.

(not to be hyperbolic, but you should have to do this to make The. MARQUEE. FEATURE. of the 6S work as intended.)

Once I noticed this 3D Touch lag and stuttering, I couldn't un-notice it. I returned by 6S+ for a 6S. Silky smooth right out of the box with my backup and all of my apps. I will just sit this year's plus version out.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Wow

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2