Love the 6s,,,,HATE THE BATTERY LIFE !!!!!!,,,,, any fixes ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
So I'm having odd issues now weird cus all this talk about battery. I was in hospital yesterday for surgery I used my what they call them power banks or something lil things charge up then plug phone in when needed. Well afterwards I had nurse plug my phone in wall before leaving had 3 1/2 hour long car ride and it plugged in 62% unplugged was 62% was in charge for two hours. Thought that's odd we were leaving and my dad had me get map quest going online to help way out of city ( gives live car view as u drive) and all sudden with data on battery said 96%. Now last night went bed at 2:30 woke up at 8 battery was 100% since charged it. Woke up was at 85% went back sleep for while down 80% I was wondering anyone had any advice ? Maybe was bad update didn't have this problem till 9.0.2 update I don't think battery should decrease 20% well I'm asleep. Thinking about backing everything up do full restore after draining battery almost all way down complete before do that restore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was being wonky like that. Have you tried letting it die all the way then charge all the way back up? I did and it fixed the short battery life quite a bit. However, I still get less battery than I did on my 6. I can't say it's the devices fault, why with me being obsessed with Harry Potter magic... I mean live photos... Definitely using it way more.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Press and hold the home and power button until the phone shuts off and you see the Apple logo. That tends to fix any little quirks like that. The heavy usage while idle may be due to a background process. You may want to check your battery details and see which it is. I'd suggest turning off background app refresh as well.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just did home power button I'm heading out more enough battery so I'll do that let it die complete then recharge, as far as app background refresh I don't have huge data plan I hardly use data so all my background app refreshes and such are off and location services r on only for things I need. Thanks if the let die recharge don't work I'll restore cus I updated over air wouldn't download iTunes for some reason so I'll try that next.

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, today I have used my phone I say more than an average user as I always do I watched like 5 tech vids on YouTube streamed some music on the way to work,checked emails sent texts,face timed for like 15 mins fB ,Twitter web search And here is my battery outcome
fdc060a519e81b6c4f46acda59f703b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6S 64 gb space grey awesomeness!
d83ae4ae706900d55f1eab8430ae902c.jpg
d12c577f5b43f61bbe3db7660c807bba.jpg

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
As the OP of this thread it would seem my 6s is doing much better with battery life than when I first got it,,, perhaps implementing the suggested menu settings to save battery life and perhaps some battery break in time.
While I'm not getting amazing battery time I am getting much better battery time than I was at first.
Cheers
Davyo

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I really thought I was going to open this thread and hear some good suggestions on battery life but it basically turned into an argument about outlets and battery packs.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So you are assuming all extended batteries and Morphie products are $100.00?

They are overpriced....I should know I bought one though I really don't use it

b5abf75510c225bef8bf3d66f319c915.jpg
d01690f8e3251a29c1dd9fa702bef143.jpg
17b742d2a2f0fd61b6feb15bf3bb267d.jpg
6027977b0db7da13f6ba94d3f5dce49f.jpg

As far as their battery packs I wouldn't touch them. Anker sells a 21000 mah one for $40 and I have a 13000 one for free for reviewing one

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

EDIT: The screenshots in this thread are useless. iPhones count the usage since the last full charge. That means if you bump charge your phone during the day, it does not reset that counter. The counter only resets when your phone is charged to 100% (i.e. you get the full charge notification from the phone while it's plugged into the charger). There's no way to know if the phone wasn't bump charged during the day other than the person posting the shots saying they didn't do it, which, frankly... isn't enough (more people would lie to make the phone look good than give Apple the feedback it needs to start putting bigger capacity batteries in the phone - Android and Windows communities are no different, BTW). On Android there is a graph where you can see clearly where the phone was bump charged. No such thing exists in the iPhone's battery stats.

I'm coming back here to show the displayed message when the phone is plugged in between full charges. While there is no graphical depiction, the system message clearly states that the phone was in fact plugged in.

8531b3f11d75dc3be7519bd9ff76062b.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
They are overpriced....I should know I bought one though I really don't use it

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/b5abf75510c225bef8bf3d66f319c915.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/d01690f8e3251a29c1dd9fa702bef143.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/17b742d2a2f0fd61b6feb15bf3bb267d.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/6027977b0db7da13f6ba94d3f5dce49f.jpg

As far as their battery packs I wouldn't touch them. Anker sells a 21000 mah one for $40 and I have a 13000 one for free for reviewing one

Oh. So you DO have a battery pack that you COULD use but CHOOSE not to use it.

OK. Thanks.

On my way to work now for another over 24 hr battery life day.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

OK. Thanks.

Ironic, isn't it?

Mophie cases aren't cheap but you get what you pay for. I've had a few in the past but haven't felt the need with my 6 Plus or 6s Plus. If I did want one, I wouldn't be so worried about throwing down $100 for my $1000 iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

OK. Thanks.

Because the 6 Plus barely fits into my pocket without case on it? You shouldn't need to spend more money to get a days worth out of your phone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
And we've already discussed ad nauseum that your idea of getting thru a day is way off the bell curve and that you have opportunities to recharge that you choose not to avail yourself of. Apple designs all day battery life for most people, not you.

Going to some place to purposely charge your phone and waste time isn't an option.

Also carrying a brick and cable to solely do that in your pockets isn't exactly comfortable

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You've already said your a student (at least part time) and that classrooms have plugs and you just goose not to sit near them.
You have also already said that you are already in subway stains and numerous people have said that there are outlet available if you look.
Being a student and because you've already said you carry around a Anker backup battery and I imagine you have other school supplies like textbooks, notebooks and writing instruments and you really want me to believe that carrying a small cable and charger is a big deal?

Want me to take pictures of these invisible outlets at subway stations? I've been living in nyc for 25 years and there is zero outlets on the platforms. It took until 2 years ago to even get cellphone service in certain stations in Manhattan.

Penn Station isn't the subway.....

So just because you are neat outlets mean Apple doesn't need give a big battery? So I can make a phone and give it a 900 mah battery and say hey you're near an outlet why do I need to give you a big battery? I mean Samsung said something along the lines with that with the Samsung galaxy tab s2 release and people hammered them....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Because the 6 Plus barely fits into my pocket without case on it? You shouldn't need to spend more money to get a days worth out of your phone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL!!! But you ALREADY BOUGHT it. You CHOOSE not to use it.

WHY would you buy it and then complain about the price or decide not to use it? Or could it be that you simply like to create drama?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
There have been other people who also live in and/or frequently travel to NYC who have said that the outlets exist. And I believe them, not you. You, yourself, have said that outlets are available in classrooms and you choose not to use them.
And I don't care how many mah are in my phone if it gets me thru a day. So 900 or 5000 makes no difference to me and he vast majority of people. It's just a spec. I care about the phone's battery getting me thru a day. I would guess most people would agree with me and for most people he iPhone's existing battery capacity does get them thru the day. We have already established that your use case is an extreme outlier (9am - 3am). Apple designs battery capacities to last most people all day most of the time. Since you are an outlier, you need to pay the price of carrying a battery pack or finding charging locations.

I can once again take pictures of these invisible outlets for you... I live there and there is zero outlets on the platform for brighten beach station for the Q and B train..... There is all zero for the F train stop that's near me. Also none where my job is on the D,N, and R stop.

I can also take pictures of these invisible people supposedly charging their phones on the invisible platforms

Apple couldn't care less about battery life and more about making it thinner.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
LOL!!! But you ALREADY BOUGHT it. You CHOOSE not to use it.

WHY would you buy it and then complain about the price or decide not to use it? Or could it be that you simply like to create drama?

I got it on sale for $79.99 but it's way to big to bring to work

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I got it on sale for $79.99 but it's way to big to bring to work

So you have already bought it and you could use it but you choose not to use it because it's too big. Your CHOICE.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So you have already bought it and you could use it but you choose not to use it because it's too big. Your CHOICE.

Or Apple can stop making their devices smaller which then affects battery life because they are using smaller batteries

But then again I'm no Apple fanboy unlike people here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2