Love the 6s,,,,HATE THE BATTERY LIFE !!!!!!,,,,, any fixes ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Huh. Really!?!!!!???! My Note 4 hasn't got a scratch. You'd have to really work on one to get a scratch on it because they wouldn't spontaneously scratch.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Just putting my opinion in with low battery mode I get more life on this then when I had six. 4 hours and 40 mins usage and 10 hours 33 mins on standby . My six would make it normally about 50 percent now. My 6s is at 67% maybe I just don't use it much dunno lol.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on how you use your device. If you're streaming and playing games and browsing while on very spotty signal you're going to consume great amounts of battery. So you manage your consumption.
I store my music on my device and I don't play games, I'd rather look around the forum while listening to music.
All about using the device in a smart manner.
This is what I do with all my devices.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
It all depends on how you use your device. If you're streaming and playing games and browsing while on very spotty signal you're going to consume great amounts of battery. So you manage your consumption.
I store my music on my device and I don't play games, I'd rather look around the forum while listening to music.
All about using the device in a smart manner.
This is what I do with all my devices.

i use mine alot now after getting 64 gb i always had 16 but for four dollars more i got 64 surprised by how much i do use it now. but i usually text ton browse net facebook etc. im thinking probably since im always on wifi i dont use data so maybe with data being off or something.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes a good strong wifi signal will really help your battery life.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
On my 6S, I average about 5-6hrs of use & 30+ of standby. I'll have to post a screenshot once my battery gets low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have 0 problems with battery issues, I take mine off the charger at 6:15-6:30am and it doesn't go back onto the charger until 11:15-11:30pm at night and I usually have 67-60% left, like everyone's said its all about management.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i restored as new yesterday and my battery life is wayyyy better now.

it sucks to basically start over but well worth it IMO

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't work with computers and as I said I don't have any outlets near me. As far as battery packs goes it's just one more thing to charge and hold on my pockets which is my wallet, keys, Bluetooth earphones and my phone already. I bring one to school but it takes forever to charge being a 13,000 mah battery pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're obviously not interested in coming up with a solution so why are you even here? Have fun complaining. Complaining won't fix your iPhone battery issues.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You're obviously not interested in coming up with a solution so why are you even here? Have fun complaining. Complaining won't fix your iPhone battery issues.

What battery issues? There's a reason why I avoided buying the 4.7 inch device because the battery sucks in it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am disappointed to hear about the battery life... Thought it would be better.

Disappointed that a chronic complainer has issues? He's one out of about 10-15 posters in this thread who has an issue. The rest of us either have no issue or have learned to actively manage our battery usage.

Nothing to really be disappointed about. Nothing here to see...

arcurlyq

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Are you using the low power-mode feature at all? I use that when I'm away from a place to charge for a significant amount of time and find that it significantly prolongs battery life without affecting performance noticeably.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
NYC subways have zero outlets and my job doesn't have outlets. Plus my commute to school is around 2 hours one way and depending on when you get to school there is no outlets. I also hang out with friends after work so I won't be home until 2-3 AM so yes I am out between 9 AM and even later around 2-3 AM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you want your phone to last from 9 am to 2 to 3 am without any sort of a charge during the day? And you don't want a battery pack? Honestly this isn't the phone for you. You should definitely consider the 6s Plus. And I'm not even positive that will give you what you want. You're going to need to give in and get a battery pack. Your situation requires it. It's no longer an issue with the phone. It's simply the user at that point.

David Malka

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I love reading these threads.
The way I see it..Battery on your iPhone is like cash in your pocket. The more you spend it the less you will have.

There are so many variables and settings that can affect the battery. Having the phone 1-2 days and complaining is a bit too soon. If you restore from an iCloud backup then all the settings should be the same and you should give it 3-4 days for everything to settle and index on your phone. If you set it up as a new iPhone then you need to go through all the settings and make sure you turn off the ones that you don't need.

You have to customize your phone with what you need and don't need. The same way you spend your money on things you need and not on what you don't....well not always lol.

Point is don't worry about the battery. Instead take the time to tweak the phone and then give it a few days to see how it averages out.

I went with the 6s Plus...not because the battery on the 6s is not good but because I prefer having more juice and a bigger screen. That being said if the 6s was the only option out there, then I would make it work, same way I did with all the previous iPhones I've had.

Enjoy your new ssssss'ss :)

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i restored as new yesterday and my battery life is wayyyy better now.

it sucks to basically start over but well worth it IMO

Agreed, but can't (or I guess more accurate "not willing") to do that anymore because I have the Watch and I would loose all my activity data since its data is hooked into the iPhones data/backup files.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
So I decided to use my 6s Plus today without topping off the battery at all. I received this iPhone launch day the 25th and restored an iCloud backup from my 6+ (I would have set up as new but I have the Apple Watch and I didn't want to lose my activity data.) I am a heavy user -- GPS, emails and texts, some phone calls, podcasts and music, etc constantly. It came off the charger at 6am this morning straight into an hour jog with GPS tracking. At 5:35pm I hit 20% battery and the low power mode offer. Not too bad, but I would definitely need to top off the battery at some point to make it into the evening with actually using the iPhone.

A little over 9 hours of usage in just under 12 hours.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1443747165.761150.jpg

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1443747181.622355.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77